Pour une meilleure expérience sur MUBI, Mettez à jour votre navigateur.

Nilai & Ulasan

1. Erica Nair's rating of the film Behind the Curve

The last few scenes said so much about this so called "society", especially the last one

2. diiiiogorocha's rating of the film Behind the Curve

Dilema moral entre dar uma nota positiva pelos vários momentos em que gozaram com os flat earthers ou dar nota negativa por darem mais espaço a pessoas que contribuem para uma cultura anti ciência.

3. runfromfire's rating of the film Behind the Curve

Only ever vaguely interesting but I did love the complete lack of self-awareness on the redhead's part halfway through when she starts talking about how ridiculous the conspiracies about her are RIGHT AFTER SHE SAID 9|11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB. Awesome. You can't make this shit up folks.

4. bartkl's rating of the film Behind the Curve

It's hard not to ridicule a conspiracy theory as extreme as this one, but it's important not to engage in such ridicule. What I think the documentary did a very good job at is to highlight the religious aspect of it. I actually felt some jealousy when I saw their community, and the purpose they felt. And I have to note: it's funny how unfalsifiability is an important protector of religion.

5. lívia's rating of the film Behind the Curve

at the end of the day, the thing about flat earthers is about a necessity of being part of something special/having a community who shares the same point of view on life meanings and stuff.

6. HKFanatic's rating of the film Behind the Curve

From my understanding, the larger conspiracy community regards the flat-earth movement as a coordinated psy-op intended to cast doubt on more substantive theories. Make of that what you will. This is a perfectly fun and entertaining documentary, but it regards its subject as mere curio, and fails to shed any light on why belief in conspiracy has grown increasingly widespread since 2015 (no mention of Trump here).

7. Achromia's rating of the film Behind the Curve

8. J. O.'s rating of the film Behind the Curve

Condescension masquerading as unbiased, looking at the phenomenal of the "anti-intellectual" Flat Earth movement. While I don't like the hubris of the Flat Earthers, I do like their passion and skepticism – but the slope from skeptical spirit to dangerous lunatic is steep. The smug "intellectuals" were uninviting, with very few attempts to understand the movement - instead, just shrugging and eye rolling.

9. nobody nothing's rating of the film Behind the Curve

A documentary that is more fair and compassionate than a lot of these egomaniacs deserve.

10. lostlevel's rating of the film Behind the Curve

I suppose given the position of Flat-Earthers as being somewhat baffling the documentary did manage to be quite balanced rather than laughing at them the whole time. I really don't understand but there were good points made about reaching across the divide. I can at least agree with the sentiment that The Truman Show is a good movie.

11. Marco Pierrard's rating of the film Behind the Curve

3.5/5 Souvent drôle, le documentaire ne cède pas pour autant à la moquerie facile et plaide pour le dialogue avec ces illuminés du globe. Il faut dire que les enjeux du complotisme sont plus importants qu'il n'y paraît. Chronique complète à lire sur Citazine : https://www.citazine.fr/article/terre-plat-diner-de-cons-pirateurs

12. samuele90's rating of the film Behind the Curve

A me, dei terrapiattisti frega veramente zero, ma loro due sono troppo dei patati e voglio assolutamente una rom-com con la storia loro.

13. anarresti's rating of the film Behind the Curve

At one point I thought about the horrendous "Religulous". This doc actually does a much better job, discretely and with a great amount of respect for the people portrayed here. If you allow someone to falsify themselves, that's always better than mocking disregard. There are details like the camera pointing at the untouched "Start" button at NASA museum, which are precious. Conspiracy theorists scare me. They do.