Untuk pengalaman lebih baik di MUBI, perbarui browser Anda.

Nilai & Ulasan

1. Tiago Cardoso's rating of the film For Sama

"Millions of people watch my reports. But no one does anything to stop the regime."

2. Paul's rating of the film For Sama

A cinematic glimpse of hope in a reality of daily suffering and fear. For Sama gives us a glimpse into a reality where other films couldn´t go. Only through this very personal narrative is it possible to feel close to the surreal and horrific moments happening on screen.

3. Dada Kubin's rating of the film For Sama

This personal account of the Syrian revolution gets quite personal also for the viewer. I went through a lot of emotions: anger, sadness, frustration, disappointment. The latter especially when faced with the fact (which Waad also refers to) that a million people can see the videos or this documentary yet the killing continues. Yes it’s important to show the world what takes place but sadly it’s obviously not enough.

4. Not A Sexy Vampire's rating of the film For Sama

Completely devastating, unflinching in documenting a brutal situation. Frequent footage of injured children is heartwrenching (that baby made me sob), but it's the moments where the filmmaker fears for her daughter that cut right through. Powerful, important, brave cinema. Which made a woman's phone ringing loudly even more unpleasant.

5. Nicolò Musiani's rating of the film For Sama

Last month I learnt there are men and there are dogs. But also, there are men that are not men and there are dogs who are not dogs. It's about the same, but also not.

6. Mr.Pacha's rating of the film For Sama

7. Xavier Taylor's rating of the film For Sama

8/10 Waad has my entire heart. To see a mother go through this horror, I almost couldn't even believe my eyes. The mounting anxiety as you never know what's going to come next between bombings and pseudo-reliefs. She is a natural born journalist bringing me personally into Aleppo. I'm glad we in the Western world were blessed with this view. The world is much bigger and has so much more depth than a CNN story.

8. Duarte Ferreira's rating of the film For Sama

4.5/5 - Life as opposing to war. Done with the best possible combination of journalistic incisiveness and human empathy. Waad deserves everything for this.

9. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film For Sama

10. Loz Loory's rating of the film For Sama

Incredibly brave filmmaking. Does a fantastic job of humanizing an abstract news item. The children's faces covered in bomb dust, their little dead brother... the hospital images are what Americans are never shown. It's outrageously courageous that these few people continued to operate a medical facility for the community. It puts us all to shame as we stream escapist Netflix shows.

11. OFF_FRAME's rating of the film For Sama

Heart-breaking. The most intimate footage yet of life in Aleppo while under siege. The inhumane catastrophic loss of life, and that of children in particular is horrific. For Sama places the viewer squarely in Waad al-Kateab's shoes as she, her doctor husband and young daughter Sama summon the will to fight to survive every minute of the day surrounded by continual airstrikes and civilian cleansing. 5 stars

12. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film For Sama

13. chloelb's rating of the film For Sama

14. alfredodimalo's rating of the film For Sama

15. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film For Sama

A story of Syrian war as seen from the inside. City of Aleppo slowly collapsing under constant bombings and sieges. Perhaps one-sided, but if it was intended as a personal story then it does make sense - personal stories rarely are objective. Some images will stay long in my memory.

16. hubertguillaud's rating of the film For Sama

"Pour Sama" n'est pas un film, c'est un cauchemar insoutenable. Une réalité où tout est exacerbé : l'amour, la vie, la peur, l'espoir, la mort... La tragédie d'Alep se montre en nos yeux en s'incarnant dans une poignée de vies semblables aux nôtres. Nous sommes plongés au coeur du conflit, sursautant à chaque déflagration. Nous en ressortons rincés et meurtris, comme si nous étions nous mêmes à Alep.

17. vincentg's rating of the film For Sama

Excellent documentaire : touchant, rythmé, important. Petit bémol : le choix de ne traiter que de la réalité proche des personnages - images filmées par Waad Al-Khateab - est un angle intéressant, mais il occulte un peu le contexte global du siège d'Alep.

18. Jason's rating of the film For Sama

Waad Al-Khateab's story is a powerful one, the footage she captured in Aleppo of more than mere interest. This is remarkable stuff, people surely need to see it. FOR SAMA, provided the final shape it now takes c/o both PBS and Britain's Channel 4, has had considerable damage done to it in the final assembly. But who am I to gripe? What I find objectionable are decisions that probably assure a wider palatability.

19. Katherine's rating of the film For Sama

A must-see. It's so important and essential, although an incredibly tough watch. It’s not just a film it’s millions of people’s reality. There’s no dressing up, no dramatic music, no alluring slow-mo; there's no pity party, no force-fed rage or sadness, just reality. What makes it so special were the real relationships shown, the core of humanity and courage. It is astonishingly powerful and absolutely beautiful.

20. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film For Sama

If anything can simultaneously make you despair utterly and believe that anything is possible it’s this film.

21. smndvdcl's rating of the film For Sama

I will never fully understand the complex villainies of the Syrian civil war battered by proxy intervention; a labyrinthine clusterbomb of colluding terror on many sides. What I do understand, is that humanity always transcends any side of a conflict. The story here is shattering. Never forget the human cost of war. War is forever futile.

22. jjk's rating of the film For Sama

harrowing images captured by truly incredible people but the footage often becomes undermined by the unnecessary score and drone shots (which I think ultimately come from Watts Channel 4 input)

23. Annie Gentil-Kraatz's rating of the film For Sama

This film confronts you to the reality of the war in Syria and the reality of people in Aleppo, when the city started to rebel, up to its siege and the final moments when the last inhabitants had to leave. You see the dead and the suffering, you see the bombings and constant attacks but you also see life going on, love, frienships and a sense of community despite of the constant fear and anguish. Go and see it.

24. Ralphesque's rating of the film For Sama

An extraordinarily powerful documentary that bears witness to the horrors of Aleppo as well as the collective strength and courage of its besieged civilians