Nilai & Ulasan

1. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Lincoln

For all that “Lincoln” lacks in emotion, it compensates with objectivity, simplicity of structure and historical portrayal. Review and rating: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2012/11/lincoln-2012.html

2. amicinema's rating of the film Lincoln

I nostri commenti qui: http://www.amicinema.it/2013/01/lincoln/

3. janice.hughes's rating of the film Lincoln

A rather dry rendition of this important piece of American history on the abolition of slavery and 13th Amendment. I wish Spielberg had managed to weave into the script an emotional and human story about why this was so important at this time. It felt too much like a history lesson and mildly incomprehensible to those who don't know the political characters involved.

4. msmichel's rating of the film Lincoln

Spielberg's take on 'Lincoln' winds up being one of his most satisfying films. It avoids the preachiness of 'Amistad' and the melodramatic moments of 'The Colour Purple' and results in his most mature work about race and politics. Daniel Day Lewis becomes Lincoln and humanizes him in a way both majestic and enthralling that certainly ranks amongst the actor's finest work. Personally found Sally Field miscast here.

5. W2's rating of the film Lincoln

Arresting. Though I would have rather felt the emotional weight of the actors alone rather than being Spielberged by Williams score.

6. Pierre's rating of the film Lincoln

I'm not quite sure how to judge this one yet. It does make me want to read the Goodwin book. There are a lot of details about the events that led up to the end of the war and the ratification of the thirteenth amendment, but there is also a lot of flab in trying to tell the story. There also seems to be an inordinate amount of light that pours into every room during the day. Lincoln is also a bit of a cutup.

7. Easton Dubois's rating of the film Lincoln

Sure the president stuff was great but why didn't Spielberg show how he opened up his car company?

8. britney spears's rating of the film Lincoln

saw it with my imaginary girlfriend. We both loved it.

9. TFCHooligan69's rating of the film Lincoln

A good albeit long film with a rather impressive Oscar-worthy performance by Daniel Day-Lewis in the lead role as Abe Lincoln. A bit dull and uneventful at times but still recommended for those who haven't seen it yet. Some fine performances here.

10. Canonalan's rating of the film Lincoln

Spielberg makes a biopic of a historical figure. I'm sure it's boring, so I'm not planning to watch this.

11. BrianFromConcentrate's rating of the film Lincoln

Daniel Day Lewis was incredible. The movie is mostly dialogue and very well written. It is slow. A movie about the passing of an amendment can't really be much more exiting than it sounds. Huge amount of great actors filling all the roles. The emotion of his death was absent from the end though, that was probably my biggest problem with the film. Otherwise, it's a great historical drama that isn't that exiting.

12. Andrea Evangelista's rating of the film Lincoln

Praticamente una fiction della rai fatta bene, ma con gli stessi propositi

13. Riccardo Maffioli's rating of the film Lincoln

Fatto bene. Ma non un capolavoro.

14. Christofer Pierson's rating of the film Lincoln

Really not as bad as many below are giving it credit for. If you don't like history, you may find this film boring. ITony Kushner's script is pretty great, quasi-Shakespearean in its ability to plumb the depths and scale the heights of the American vernacular. The acting is also superb, especially from Lewis and Jones. It's Masterpiece Theater quality (at its best) , fairly substantive mIddlebrow entertainment,

15. Subterranean Cinema's rating of the film Lincoln

One of the most disappointing films of recent years. A real snoozefest that even the great Daniel Day Lewis cant wake one up from.

16. Nathan Silva's rating of the film Lincoln

17. remote-viewer's rating of the film Lincoln

A good movie, and Daniel Day Lewis is nearly sublime, but Tommy Lee Jones is the real rock star here. A heavy metal god whose voice shakes the earth. What a total and hilarious badass.

18. Eduardo A.'s rating of the film Lincoln

I'm no expert in History, nor am I a cinema expert. But this is a must watch. Great performances, great directing and great writing (except when Licoln says Euclid's Elements is a mechanical, rather than a mathematical and geometric treatise). And by the way, not only for obvious, historical reasons, but because they actually complement each other aesthetically, watch also The Conspirator.

19. Ryan Pearce's rating of the film Lincoln

I'm no Spielberg hater, in fact I'm quite the opposite. But my word, was this a snoozefest.

20. Tigrão's rating of the film Lincoln

I'll give it 4 stars for the moment, as it's a great film, somptuously shot and interesting, but somehow, it didn't blow me away. I'd need to see it a second time.

21. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Lincoln

22. Mark Garrett's rating of the film Lincoln

Austere and restrained, a surprisingly "for adults" movie. The ending sucks, but I think that's because while this is a movie really about Lincoln's relationship with the 13th amendment, there had to be some pretension about it being about the man himself. This is a Lincoln horrified by the Civil War, matured by it and driven to grey hair and martyrdom.

23. Andrė Balžekienė's rating of the film Lincoln

"Lincoln" could be as boring as a contract with a lawyer, but Daniel Day-Lewis makes it alive.

24. Brittany Dobish's rating of the film Lincoln

It was alright for what it was, I expected too much. Daniel Day Lewis will always be fantastic and Tommy Lee Jones made this movie, but that's really it.