Nilai & Ulasan

1. Chris DeFalco's rating of the film Shirin

2. Seesaw's rating of the film Shirin

After all, cinema is the orchestra of fuming light that plays upon the faces of emotions. Through the gaze of cinema, what we find is infinite void of unknown faces. What they seeing is what I'm hearing. A fundamental question arises, how could cinema exist? Only in the playtime, when the light from projector bless upon the screen, cinema do exist. Look back, there is exit.

3. Diana Smeu's rating of the film Shirin

it seemed much too simulated

4. bryanvmh's rating of the film Shirin

I didn't GET it, but still...

5. Jason's rating of the film Shirin

SHIRIN -- which is breathtaking, a masterpiece, a true conceptual coup -- above all else returns to the cinema its status as preeminent house of worship. There is much to be unpacked re: the construction of filmed female-centric narratives as a repository for suppressed female desires in a culture that routinely forbids them not only their desires but their very visibility. This is a film of profound visibilities.

6. Nachtreich's rating of the film Shirin

Sconsigliato a chiunque altro, perĂ².

7. batarde's rating of the film Shirin

Very important eyebrow film.

8. Rohith Varma's rating of the film Shirin

9. miles's rating of the film Shirin

the faces tell the story. great stuff

10. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Shirin

A very conceptual film from Abbas Kiarostami and a deeply intellectual and radical film that deserves a lengthy discussion. A true must see for all Kiarostami fans!

11. gabyg's rating of the film Shirin

if you enjoy looking at beautiful faces then this movie is for you.

12. Jake Kaltz's rating of the film Shirin

13. Brendan's rating of the film Shirin

Kiarostami reveals himself, again, as a master illusionist and outstanding catalyst for performance. He's never seen his other films more than one, but apparently has seen Shirin 16 times!

14. Rhondo Alameda's rating of the film Shirin

Lush study of beautiful faces, and for some people that might be enough. To me the structure was too repetitive and limiting. I stuck it out for 39 minutes, then it became a time management issue.

15. Weston Campbell's rating of the film Shirin

The operating principle for the actors seems to be naturalism and nuance, but I found myself stretching for solid footing and projecting emotion onto them more than I actually extracted from their performances- realism looped around into self-negation. Regardless, this is a bold and important experiment.

16. Robert Aber's rating of the film Shirin

Quite amazing! Didn't know what to make of it but it grabbed me. YouTube has an earlier film by Kiarostami - which "got me" as well. No, NEVER heard of him before tonight but he's good. Go figure :?)

17. Francisco Luna, Jr.'s rating of the film Shirin

18. Mathieu Verbeeck's rating of the film Shirin

Beautiful faces and interesting concept, but not enough (narrative) legs to justify the length.

19. sedmacedo's rating of the film Shirin

20. Adriana's rating of the film Shirin

Never thought I would love so much a story like this!

21. anarresti's rating of the film Shirin

This film has everything that makes Kiarostami's work something so beautiful, powerful, so hard to figure out. I do feel tempted to talk of women and how they are portrayed in his films. Or about how the figure of the viewer, here, might be the medium. Or how, strangely, after a while, this did feel like the natural way to tell a story. But all is noise. Because his cinema becomes, always, about my experience of it.

22. pixienat's rating of the film Shirin

K pls be free so I can watch yew k.thanxbye

23. Jon's rating of the film Shirin

Somebody should have filmed me watching this movie. It would have been an hour of curiosity followed by 15 minutes of dozing off followed by 15 minutes of bewilderment. Sad to say, this one falls in line with "Ten" as being a fascinating concept that just doesn't register cinematically.

24. ShaKha's rating of the film Shirin

This looks exactly like Kiarostami's contribution to Chacun son Cinema. Is that what's going on? Is this an extended version of that?