Pour une meilleure expérience sur MUBI, Mettez à jour votre navigateur.

Nilai & Ulasan

1. Andre's rating of the film The Conformist

One of the most visually ravishing movies ever made, a candy coloured, perfectly composed fantasia about a man who does not even have the nerve or conviction to become a total monster. Trintingnant scuttles around like a malign Chaplin, dwarfed by the Fascist architecture and seduced by the surreal eroticism Sanda represents for him. If this sounds too abstract, a disgustingly brutal murder brings it all home.

2. BC's rating of the film The Conformist

A great remake of a brilliant book.

3. Andrea Greco's rating of the film The Conformist

★★★★★You will see it by hook or by crook

4. Duncan Gray's rating of the film The Conformist

In which Bertolucci psychoanalyzes Fascism as cultural self-repression, a reaction of disgust to the joys/horrors of a libertine sexual world. That the film does so with nonstop sensual style is not strictly an act of judgement or a pose of moral "immorality". Rather, it suggests that you couldn't snuff out sensuality even if it were a good idea. Tie that to a political thriller, and you've got a complex masterpiece.

5. r u f o's rating of the film The Conformist

6. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film The Conformist

Assassination has never looked more beautiful.

7. Jérôme's rating of the film The Conformist

Oui bon, c'est certainement très beau et maitrisé mais aussi parfaitement chiant.

8. Not A Sexy Vampire's rating of the film The Conformist

A film about a guy so desperate to fit in and appear normal he joins a facist group is something that is more relevant today than ever. Combined with truly stunning how-did-they-do-that camera work and gorgeous cinematography, this was definitely worth the trek out to the fancy Astor Theatre. Some incredible performances and queer subtext, but I will need another viewing before I make a final decision.

9. Tilbe's rating of the film The Conformist

10. Loud Rocks's rating of the film The Conformist

11. MisterColo93's rating of the film The Conformist

12. NCMBianchi's rating of the film The Conformist

[More like 3.5] Very interesting (and daring) looks by Storaro's cinematography, yet the plot, message,narration structure (both in script and visuals) is very weak - at least to my opinion. It sure is a movie filled with symbolisms, lacking some kind of layers.

13. Monsieur Simon Cinema's rating of the film The Conformist

Really great film the best part about it was the color and the soundtrack. really reminded me of Mulholland Drive for some reason maybe because of the tiny splash's of surrealism thrown in.

14. I.Camera's rating of the film The Conformist

My love for this film, perhaps the most beautiful ever made, is unlimited. As its protagonist travels through his own past, he also moves from Bertolucci's monochromatic caricature of Fascist Italy (straight lines and tilted cameras) to the soft, warm blue and red of pre-WWII Paris, hiding within the shadows of a Platonic cave from his emotional and sexual longings. Intriguing, brilliantly filmed and unforgettable.

15. Adam Metwally's rating of the film The Conformist

16. James Mihaychuk's rating of the film The Conformist

This film is about the banality of evil, showing how one man betrays his professor not for conviction, but simply to get along, and perhaps to acquire a sort of conformity to mask a sin of his younger years. At the same time it can be read as an allegory for the nature of Italy’s descent into fascism.

17. josé neves's rating of the film The Conformist

DCP, Cineteca di Bologna's digital restoration, rewatched,re-rating. A bit of personal history: at age 19, this film and Bertolucci were my nec plus ultra-the beginnings of cinephilia can carry indefinable shame-, and this film held a very special place. Now, in spite of some brilliant moments- brilliance is intrinsic to it -, and some good scenes, stand out, above all, a heavy and demonstrative formalism for praise.

18. petit astronaute's rating of the film The Conformist

19. Cartaphilus's rating of the film The Conformist

20. Arf's rating of the film The Conformist

21. ceknklsn's rating of the film The Conformist

57/100 (Yaklaşık 3-4 yıl önce daha küçükken ve kendimi sanat müdavimi sanarken 90 filan vermiştim. Zaten ancak bu filmi kendini kanıtlamaya çalışan insanlar yüksek derecelendirir. Şu an çok pişmanım. Belki 100 kere yazdım bu da 101 olsun. Görüntü yönetimi + güzel bir alt metin her şey demek değildir. Bazen bu durum hiçbir şey demektir. Puanı yüksek diye 2 yıldız... Uzun eleştirimi altta yorum olarak bıraktım.)

22. SonOfRambow's rating of the film The Conformist

23. Carmen's rating of the film The Conformist

An intoxicating experience for sure. I'm wary of calling a film a masterpiece on my first viewing but it's definitely essential to watch. Words couldn't make justice to the pleasure I had seeing it. As a spectator I feel the confidence of a precise vision. Il conformista allows different perspectives to absorb, it's not just beautiful, well-crafted and thought-provoking, it leaves behind a vivid memory.

24. musidora ducasse's rating of the film The Conformist