Nilai & Ulasan

1. Constance Bennett's rating of the film The Ring

One of the best horror remakes ever. Always loved the greenish photography to it, and the opening sequence is a brilliant horror movie intro. This is one of Naomi Watts’ best performances.

2. Malt Frisky's rating of the film The Ring

When little girls coming out of household items and scaring the shit out of you was all the rage. Better than the original Japanese version, moments of great cinematography when the spooky investigation stuff happens is where the horror shines, the jump scares are also kept restrained allowing the atmosphere to do the work. But that kind acting like an adult is just weird, possibly a dwarf in disguise as a child.

3. ig_____or's rating of the film The Ring

Maybe my vision is blurred by the teenage memories, but this is still is one of my favourite horror movies. Verbinski directs it with great panache and moody visuals, and even if the story leaps forward a bit too fast on several moments... it is haunting and creepy without resorting to cheap thrills.

4. Daniel Roque's rating of the film The Ring

Maybe I shouldn't have watched Scary Movie 3 prior to this.

5. parnian janatimehr's rating of the film The Ring

6. Europudding's rating of the film The Ring

No offence to Cinephiles™ but this film is GREAT and SCARY!!! And in addition to SCARY, it's also really touching and tragic!!! It's a crime against Art™ that it is not on the Criterion Collection!!!!!!

7. lidiishere's rating of the film The Ring

inget banget nyewa CD film ini, lalu nonton rame-rame di rumah temen jaman SMP

8. bryanvmh's rating of the film The Ring

Did not like Verbinski's sickly green color palette, and what gets added and dropped seems to be more out of convenience than cultural specificity (they shoot horses, don't they?), but the increased focus on the two children's psychology is interesting

9. PeterK94's rating of the film The Ring

There’s something off about American remakes of Japanese films. Everything feels surface level without any deeper understanding. It’s hard to pinpoint the feeling exactly; I think I’d need to watch the original to comprehend more thoroughly.

10. pluviosity's rating of the film The Ring

It was surprisingly not as awful as the usual Hollywood adaptation of Asian movie. But still, they just somehow feel the need to explain and making sense of every freakin thing. The original one created a traumatic experience for life, this was.. nothing more than a jump scare.

11. tenonder's rating of the film The Ring

12. sissy69's rating of the film The Ring

the ring didnt mean a thinggggggg woahohoh

13. Nicholas Gregory's rating of the film The Ring

Ever-so-slightly more characterization, if still not effective enough in a near scene-for-scene, emotional beat-for-beat remake. Despite it being 25-odd minutes longer, it mostly is due to even more dull-and-unneeded investigation. While Verbinski's style is more polished than Nakata's murkier shadowplay, it's more inviting than ominous. A remake that doesn't correct the problems of the original, but lengthens them.

14. NUGA's rating of the film The Ring

Just completely shat all over the brilliant Japanese version. The only remarkable thing it does comparatively to the original was the striking cinematography. But what it did in keeping an interested eye it lacked in every other aspect. "Ringu" isn't an ordinary horror (or J-Horror) film whose objective was to creep out the audience. It was a tale of tragedy and generation that the American remake missed by a lot.

15. Keren MD's rating of the film The Ring

16. jenstor's rating of the film The Ring

ugh but this was really goooood

17. Ananta Vania Iswardhani's rating of the film The Ring

I haven't seen the original ones and honestly this one didn't scare me at all. I don't think it's a great horror movie. BUT, I gotta give it three and a half stars anyway for their effort to dish up an amazing cinematography. I also love love love the pacing and story, well done.

18. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film The Ring

(3) I'd not been in a rush to see this as remakes are usually disappointing but it was actually pretty good, and if I'd never seen the original I think I'd have liked it even more.

19. noone's rating of the film The Ring

20. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Ring

I'm sorry. I prefer this movie than the original. Although, I gave the same 3-stars. Why? Because the plot keep intriguing me. This movie good at building its mood. Naomi Watts did a good job in this movie...

21. Natalia Kulewskaya's rating of the film The Ring

22. Daniel S.'s rating of the film The Ring

*1/2. US producer movie wanting to earn money off the work of a Japanese director. The result is embarrassing to say the least. Almost instant crap.

23. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film The Ring

Uno dei film più disturbanti che abbia mai visto. Dimenticatevi i banali spaventi da colpo di scena e preparatevi ad un film che vi logorerà lentamente, grazie ad una storia agghiacciante raccontata tramite immagini che vi faranno aprire gli armadi e controllare sotto il letto prima di dormire. Ah si, non rispondete a telefono.

24. maud's rating of the film The Ring

i liked the remake better bc i enjoy having my head whacked by the lack of subtlety