Nilai & Ulasan

1. Erik F.'s rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

2.5 stars (?). This is a much-loved movie, but I found it mostly annoying and frivolous. (There's also an incongruous murder subplot thrown in for practically no reason, and regarded in a weirdly nonchalant way by the characters.) However, it's a visual treat -- nobody can deny that.

2. dionysus67's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

Another visual feat of cinematic artifice and utopian search for dyadic and collective happiness. Demy's tribute to Hollywood (stunning role by Kelly) resorts to some exquisite camerawork (e.g. the 'revelation' of the twins in the music room) in conjunction with exceedingly gorgeous sets, costumes and choreography. Legrand's self-referential score leads to an apogee of romanticized twists and turns. Bliss, pure!

3. Antares Rising's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

4. Ethan's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

This is a magnificent work of beauty. Jacques Demy, with the musical collaboration of Michel Legrand, craft a grand musical that is a feast for the eyes and ears and a clear homage to the Hollywood musical epics of the 50s but outdid Hollywood at their own game. Catherine Denevue and Francoise Dorelac are simply enchanting as they navigate their way through the film with camera tracking them and the action playfully

5. Monsieur Simon Cinema's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

One of the greatest musical's ever.

6. Jason's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

I return to ROCHEFORT and note not only its remarkable virtuosity of execution, which I don't imagine most anyone is about to miss, but a whole queer thematic. It seems to me now a film about 'coming out.' The whole thing revolves around destinies that cannot be carried out until unexpressed sex business comes out in the open (Madame Dame), and this public singing and dancing suggests to me a dream of visibility.

7. Beatriz M.'s rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

8. Tajomaru's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

A childishly wonderful and enjoyable film.

9. Annie Gentil-Kraatz's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

I saw it as a sing-along celebration at Ciné Lumière in London and it was hilarious as they had recruited a young woman to motivate us to sing along during the film. The film is well crafted but some lines in the film or scenes or dance moves were a bit cliché at times, slightly unnatural and therefore it was really funny to see. A really good cinematic moment and they look like they had a lot of fun filming it.

10. Irem Abacı's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

Can't believe it but i loved somebody else much more than Catherine Deneuve in a movie with Catherine Deneuve! Francoise Dorleac! Nice to meet you. It's been late but, still. Amazing colours, amazing ambience.

11. jaigrudevaom's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

i kept my eyes open because of the murder and the aftermath. some scenes about dreams also good but that is all.

12. Vuk's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

So incredibly good, such a nice play of colours and Legrand’s tunes with hip 60’s flavour on top! A masterpiece

13. lesminho's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

14. (efe) ni's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

15. amariliz's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

16. Naoya Kugimiya's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

17. Renton47's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

Yes please! Do I even need to watch another Demy? Just about the apotheosis of everything I've loved in his other work - style, charm, a love for people. A startling sense of democracy, here taken to absurd heights with everyone amounted their share of decency (including a serial killer). So far removed from the turmoil of May '68!

18. Matthew Quetzal's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

Five stars just because it has Gene Kelly dancing.

19. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

Did Stanley Donen take a fake name and made a musical in France with Gene Kelly? After seeing this film you are excused in believing so as this is as close to a Hollywood golden age musical that we are going to get in French. Charming to the toetips.

20. Ludovic72's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

"Deux sœurs jumelles nées sous le signe des gémeaux" : chacun (ou presque) connaît la chanson des demoiselles ! Le mélange d'optimisme naïf, de kitsch et de trivialité, concocté par Jacques Demy et Michel Legrand, fonctionne toujours grâce au rythme bien dosé, aux chorégraphies et aux chansons rigolotes... et bien sûr grâce au charme des interprètes. Le spectacle rend assez nostalgique de la fameuse année 1967...

21. DrFirestone's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

Impressive cinema, masterful use of colour, framing, and camerawork. This film radiates the incredible 1960s vibe, the costumes are incredible. If you're not convinced about watching a musical, I'd suggest "The Umbrellas of Cherbourg" - Demy's earlier film that feels more subtle, refined, and better balanced - with less prominent dancing/singing parts, unforgettable characters, and a more emotionally engaging story.

22. fada19's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

23. NicoIlGermanico's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

24. BUTTAUD's rating of the film The Young Girls of Rochefort

C'est tellement kitch que ça en devient terriblement culte! Les trois étoile pour le culte, les deux manquante pour l'insupportable.

← Previous 1 3 4 5