For en bedre opplevelse på MUBI, oppdater din nettleser.

Vurderinger & anmeldelser

1. Bryony's rating of the film Baden Baden

.Oh where do I begin? It wasn't witty and the 'comic' moments fell flat. It was often factually incorrect. An unborn foetus at this stage would not look like that Also, no medical professional wld ever suggest that maybe she should "Just keep it". That one bit of surrealism.. Why? Too many characters that served no real purpose and then she suddenly forms a bond with that final guy. Huh? Where did that come from?

2. mis marg's rating of the film Baden Baden

The joie de vivre, the intensity, the boys, the bathroom, the ease of relationships, (so much easier to get help in your twenties,) the mirabelles. It is not easy for grandmother, for whom the physical has begun to let her down. Very lovely film. Remembering the easy bravado and confidence of the time.

3. Mike Jempson's rating of the film Baden Baden

Touching and spare.Has;amost the feeling of cine veritee. Some lovely performances especially Salome and 'Grandmere'.

4. Ella Dawson-Gorton's rating of the film Baden Baden

Almost french new wave and almost mumblecore but really its the characters who are the soul of the film, they contain depths

5. Yvonx S's rating of the film Baden Baden

Immersed myself in this hour and a half close-up on a summer in Anna's mid twenties. At turns dark with the shadows that fall on a young life it is touchingly sad and then strobed with mischief and fun. Ana seaching for love, meaning and a focus seems to begin to find herself in the process. An unpretentous and delightful film.

6. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Baden Baden

A decent enough film that looks at a young woman who returns home after a bit of globetrotting and struggles to find a way to settle back into normal life. Written and directed by Rachel Lang, this is a film lifted by the lead performance (Salome Richard playing Ana) more than any other aspect.

7. Ally's rating of the film Baden Baden

Shaken in the opening minutes by the bellowing of a bullying boss, the film settles into a calm. Out of employment the protagonist drifts into tentative relationships and projects where gratuitous work for others is only thwarted: the DIY man’s awkward affection, the shower that the grandmother will never see or use. A beguilingly dispassionate, non-declamatory and slyly humorous film.

8. Hodek Van Mealstrom's rating of the film Baden Baden

9. helenmarshall824@gmail.com's rating of the film Baden Baden

I just read someone review this saying the protagonist's character was 'flawed'. I couldn't think of anything more untrue, she is the embodiment of what it means to be human and a young woman in a modern world. It's that 'other' image of women, created by commercialism and neurosis that creates flawed characters always in search of unattainable 'perfection'. The characterisation is subtle and beautiful. Love Lang.

10. Dead Sam's rating of the film Baden Baden

Slow film. Some interest in Claude Gensac's acting and her filial relationship with the lead, but little to see in the belle and her beaux. Cool to look at, but otherwise not for me.

11. Shane Ewen's rating of the film Baden Baden

Slow, yet urgent, film-making.

12. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film Baden Baden

There is nothing especially striking about any of the filmic elements, and it's certainly not deep, but the overall is coherent, involving and enjoyable. Whether it will stay with me for long is another matter. This sounds like I'm damning it with faint praise but this is not my intention: Lang demonstrates an ability to strike an authentic emotional chord with unusual naturalness.

13. AugusteB's rating of the film Baden Baden

Looking at someones life as a mosaic. Every stone is equal to make a perfect picture. A nostalgic film in a way like from the 90ies. I am so glad that films like this still exist.

14. PJ's rating of the film Baden Baden

15. Thomas's rating of the film Baden Baden

Great casting and characterisation.

16. caitlin.f's rating of the film Baden Baden

17. David R Williams's rating of the film Baden Baden

Not quite as satisfying or cohesive as the shorts but certainly worth a watch and I believe I could watch Salomé Richard on an endless loop. A wonderful young actress whom should be destined for great things. Rachel Lang's assured direction is that of a filmmaker many years her senior.

18. brick_bro's rating of the film Baden Baden

At its finest moments Baden Baden is an extremely vibrant story that shows beautiful character through its flawed protagonist. With an incredible performance by Salomé Richards, Lang's end to the Ana trilogy is awkward, charming, devastating, and ultimately hopeful.

19. Holly Hinson's rating of the film Baden Baden

Hard to follow, frustrating characters

20. misgenc's rating of the film Baden Baden

The trio is like a life within life itself. I enjoyed the depth of Ana and getting to know her. Such a strong movie and great acting from Salome!

21. johaha's rating of the film Baden Baden

everything about this film is good.

22. saltwater's rating of the film Baden Baden

A few well acted and funny moments dispersed through too many dead end narratives and a disjointed story.

23. whitney's rating of the film Baden Baden

24. David Richards's rating of the film Baden Baden

Very good... the two previous shorts by Ms Lang, though interesting, seemed like fragments. This film and the longer format gave her room to flesh out her ideas. Salome Richard is amazing.