Vurderinger & anmeldelser

1. Santiago Delgado's rating of the film The Passion of Joan of Arc

What a movie! it portrays the martyrdom of Joan of Arc, her conviction, passion and the faithfulness to her believes with an extraordinary use of light, camera and acting. The film kind of reminded me about Socrates' conviction and trial since both procedures and conclusions are very alike.

2. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film The Passion of Joan of Arc

Is there anyone more expressive than Marie Falconetti?

3. lesminho's rating of the film The Passion of Joan of Arc

4. misu's rating of the film The Passion of Joan of Arc

5. Iulian's rating of the film The Passion of Joan of Arc

Such a haunting, delirious and excruciating tale of sorrow, misunderstandings and prejudice. Falconetti's performance was so beautiful and poetic but also gut-wrenching...sadness beyond words. The movie itself is dream-like, every frame reveals the humanity of the story or lack of, the closest of watching a martyr played on-screen.

6. MisterColo93's rating of the film The Passion of Joan of Arc

7. riceball's rating of the film The Passion of Joan of Arc

8. Malt Frisky's rating of the film The Passion of Joan of Arc

Given that it was silent and to do with religious matters I was sceptical of this and when I looked at the clock again it was nearly over. The emotional close ups on these actors it's no wonder every auteur name checks this film when the camera zooms in to see facial imagery overworking on display here and that's with no music in the slightest. Powerful film that shows what belief and sorrow are in a silent world.

9. gaporama's rating of the film The Passion of Joan of Arc

10. N. C.'s rating of the film The Passion of Joan of Arc

how many joan of arc(s) in this world will be murdered...

11. DenoResandono's rating of the film The Passion of Joan of Arc

I know THE PASSION OF JOAN OF ARC is just an old silent movie. But its heart never went silent. This movie is able to deliver its message to audience perfectly. Although it lacks of dialogue this movie succeed to maximize the impact through the emotion & acting of its cast. I felt there are some certain magics in this movie. Because when I was watching it, it feels like I was being there - in the middle of that trial

12. Victória Célia's rating of the film The Passion of Joan of Arc

One of the best female performances of the history of cinema

13. Aditya Watts's rating of the film The Passion of Joan of Arc

Jul'18 - I can't figure out how looking at the same face, essentially in the same emotional state, repeatedly for such a long time does not get boring! Instead is absolutely captivating. More so in absolute silence.

14. Mtume Gant's rating of the film The Passion of Joan of Arc

Probably the greatest silent ever. What Dreyer did is so taken for granted, its the greatest collection of close-ups and medium shots ever composed for cinema. Its so radical, just like Joan was.

15. Daniel's rating of the film The Passion of Joan of Arc

Fantastic. I saw this without a score it was still just as powerful.

16. 상빈 윤's rating of the film The Passion of Joan of Arc

17. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film The Passion of Joan of Arc

18. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film The Passion of Joan of Arc

I'm sure watching with a live medieval choir slightly boosted the experience, but even without this it would've been out-of-this-earth experience. I was slightly skeptical - everyone knows it's a classic, but sometimes the language of these early classics cannot communicate the message efficiently to a XXI century viewer. Clearly not the case in this instance.

19. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film The Passion of Joan of Arc

20. lelandpalmer's rating of the film The Passion of Joan of Arc

imagine this with nicolas cage

21. ara's rating of the film The Passion of Joan of Arc

i watched this late at night half asleep/ dreaming

22. angeldromero's rating of the film The Passion of Joan of Arc

A real testimony of faith, a film that transports you to see the world through the eyes of Joan of Arc. The emotions this film made me feel are untouchable, from all the angles possible this is a masterpiece. A fine gem from the silent era. The editing of the sequence of her execution is easily one of my favorite moments in cinema's history.

23. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film The Passion of Joan of Arc

A masterpiece of a film long lost but found in the cellar of a Norwegian insane asylum. An effective silent film with extreme use of close-ups showing the feelings and faces of the cast in a way modern film would do 50 years later. Among the best acting I have ever seen in a silent movie. Sadly no music track exist but I used Vangelis' albums "Bounty" and "Odes" in the background which did wonders to the experience.

24. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film The Passion of Joan of Arc