Bitte aktualisiere deinen Browser um MUBI optimal nutzen zu können.

Beoordelingen & Recensies

1. Joshua's rating of the film Blue Ruin

A quiet and patiently framed film of pulsing suspense, drawing on the other side of the pursuit of happiness: the right to revenge.

2. Mike Jempson's rating of the film Blue Ruin

What a movie - or rather what a triumphant piece of movie-making! I hate the revenge genre (all that blood) but this had me gripped throughout. A riveting central performance, and a brilliant use of tension through silence and subtle camerawork. Jeremy Saulner is certainly someone to watch (literally).

3. lesminho's rating of the film Blue Ruin

4. jsbrocka's rating of the film Blue Ruin

Grounded on gritty realism, this violent revenge thriller bucks the trend of skilled, professional assassins prevalent in present-day action flicks. By thrusting an everyday man in a credible situation that challenges his values, this film deftly raises provocative questions about the loopholes of the justice system, gun control and ownership, and the limits that someone can cross when he reaches the tipping point.

5. Obsessive Cinema Disorder (OCD)'s rating of the film Blue Ruin

For me it was an improving. There was mastery in the patience of this film. We got what it needed to be taken out of it. Everything was squeezed inside it's own horror. Jeremy knows psychology, that's why we understand what he does. He takes us slowly into a twistful but truthful reality.

6. Jason Kohl's rating of the film Blue Ruin

Probably the greatest American low budget achievement of the decade.

7. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film Blue Ruin

lots of mumblin and bumblin, but still an entertaining adventure

8. doutre's rating of the film Blue Ruin

Always get frustrated that more of my friends didn't see this.

9. Tom Cottey's rating of the film Blue Ruin

10. Duarte Ferreira's rating of the film Blue Ruin

4.5/5 - Jeremy Saulnier's Blue Ruin is a riveting beast, concocted with an almost chemical mixture of bloody red explosions of violence, with hyper-blue depression and melancholy. The direction effortlessly soaks the film with this concoction, and nowhere throughout its short running time of 90 minutes is a scene wasted.

11. Paolo Utili's rating of the film Blue Ruin

12. Alex Flores's rating of the film Blue Ruin

Less known director and quite a gem.

13. Holly McGratten's rating of the film Blue Ruin

Great example of using facial emotions and environmental symbolism over dialogue expression. It's a twisted hot mess of a film which mixes people from different worlds and puts them up against each other

14. NicoIlGermanico's rating of the film Blue Ruin

15. Didonne's rating of the film Blue Ruin

Je tire, tu tires, il tire, nous tirons : la vengeance est un plat qui se mange saignant ! A partir d'une intrigue somme toute banale, un bon film dépouillé et somme toute trash. L'Amérique s'y trouve dépeinte avec ses arsenaux et ses secrets planqués dans les placards dans la lignée des frères Cohen. Très réussi.

16. Ludovic72's rating of the film Blue Ruin

L'influence des frères Coen (notamment de leurs premiers films des années 80) est à peu près indéniable, mais Jeremy Saulnier ne fait pas dans le plagiat paresseux. Sa mise en scène précise, sa lenteur bien calculée, ainsi que l'entretien d'un certain mystère, induisent de bout en bout une tension et une incertitude très prenantes. Les révélations finales rendent toute l'affaire particulièrement glauque et absurde…

17. Axel's rating of the film Blue Ruin

So many good choices were taken in this movie. Love the slow pace. Brilliant.

18. elenagallen's rating of the film Blue Ruin

Too depressing and overly emotional of a revenge thriller. A well crafted film with a beautifully unusual tempo that I get too sympathetic with -- which totally ruins my chances of having fun.

19. Arf's rating of the film Blue Ruin

20. tenonder's rating of the film Blue Ruin

21. Reynaldo Goulart's rating of the film Blue Ruin

22. spasmolytic's rating of the film Blue Ruin

23. Jason's rating of the film Blue Ruin

24. Quesera,sera's rating of the film Blue Ruin

woaa, nice revenge, but also realistic thinking and intuition, and all seemed naturally make sense... TOP