Beoordelingen & Recensies

1. cappatrat's rating of the film Hillbilly Elegy

2. Shane's rating of the film Hillbilly Elegy

I'm having a hard time with this one. I could simply say it's got great performances, some affecting scenes, but ultimately conforms to all the feel-good beats you expect of it. But there's an attempt to articulate a wrong-headed philosophy that derailed the movie for me. The narrative celebrates individualism at the expense of community in a way that left me with a sour taste in my mouth. Your mileage may vary.

3. Luca Soldati's rating of the film Hillbilly Elegy

4. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Hillbilly Elegy

A film about how you can take a hillbilly out of the crackhouse, give him some books, put him in a suit but you can't avoid him turning into a white supremacist.

5. Nádia Rodrigues's rating of the film Hillbilly Elegy

2.5. The movie was saved by the casting. Glenn Close and Amy Adams and nothing else.

6. Oluseyi's rating of the film Hillbilly Elegy

7. msmichel's rating of the film Hillbilly Elegy

Misguided adaptation of the JD Vance novel that seems to have missed the point the author was trying to make.

8. Pablo de la Cruz's rating of the film Hillbilly Elegy

“kiss my ruby-red asshole”

9. Mr.Rager's rating of the film Hillbilly Elegy

First of all, Glenn Close is amazing in this part and she really does deserve that Oscar nod. Awkward situation for her, to be nominated for an Oscar and for those stupid Razzie awards, for the same role. Amy Adams with her usual good effort. The whole movie is not that bad and i think that Ron Howard did a decent job in portraying this dysfunctional family. 6.75

10. Bimana Novantara's rating of the film Hillbilly Elegy

This movie's location setting is in the same US states as the other Netflix movie, the Devil All the Time. Lots of misfortunes, but less bitter and more optimistic ending.

11. Mariana Narciso's rating of the film Hillbilly Elegy

12. Cojocariu Claudia's rating of the film Hillbilly Elegy

The casting, especially Amy Adams' performance saves this movie.

13. Lahiru Wanigatunge's rating of the film Hillbilly Elegy

When critics let their political views cloud their judgement about films, it is ultimately the cinema that suffers. There seems to be a different standard when it comes to films that don't conform to their ideology. Make no mistake, Hillbilly Elegy is not a great movie but it is not the disaster the left made it out to be. It's certainly no worse than other schmaltzy Oscar bait films...

14. 2047ways.blogspot.com's rating of the film Hillbilly Elegy

2,5 Richie Cunningham fallisce nell'inserire la trama familiare nel contesto della Storia. Nessuno chiede a Ron Howard un film à la Andrea Arnold, ma la pulizia della regia non ha sottotesto, sembra esistere solo il tema ricorsivo del fallimento del rehab, salvato solo dall'interpretazione delle due protagoniste, . Amy Adams offre una tra le sue migliori interpretazioni di sempre.

15. Denis Zordan's rating of the film Hillbilly Elegy

16. Du Bist's rating of the film Hillbilly Elegy

Everytime a film refers to going to war as an honor I must remove a star.

17. FCC 86's rating of the film Hillbilly Elegy

"Now get out before I cancel your birth certificate"

18. Gareth Campbell's rating of the film Hillbilly Elegy

19. Tarren Hunt's rating of the film Hillbilly Elegy

The plot hooked me (apparently unimaginable to some—holy privilege) but the execution executed it. Jean-Marc Vallée should've directed.

20. lesminho's rating of the film Hillbilly Elegy

21. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film Hillbilly Elegy

This film is definitely elevated by the acting: Close is solid as always, and Adams delivers the best performance of her career so far. But, much like the book, I didn't find Vance's story all that interesting. It doesn't have anything unique or insightful to say about drug addiction or family dysfunction, and simplifies and smooths much of the edge of the book...which is honestly what I expected from Ron Howard.

22. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Hillbilly Elegy

6.6/10, "He succeeds and his sister doesn’t, as far as the film goes, that does shriek for a sea change in gender equality, unfortunately, this is not what in the minds of HILLBILLY ELEGY's originators." https://wp.me/p1eXom-4GV

23. Joe Bowman's rating of the film Hillbilly Elegy

Rich people in poverty drag, what a treat for us all!

24. MISS RICHIE's rating of the film Hillbilly Elegy

I feel like the saccharine-style of Ron Howard’s films have no place in 2020. We’ve grown as an audience. Become more world-weary, perhaps. But, at least we have Amy Adams and Glenn Close. Two actresses who we’re SO not worthy of.