Beoordelingen & Recensies

1. michael.rainheart's rating of the film House of Hummingbird

extended version of the recorder exam. truly beautiful and heartwarming story. thank you Kim Bora!

2. difa.thalia's rating of the film House of Hummingbird

"What's the right way to live? Some days I feel like I know, but I really don't know for sure. I just know that when bad things happen, good things happen too. And that we always meet someone and share something with them. The world is fascinating and beautiful."

3. Renton47's rating of the film House of Hummingbird

A type of film that I didn't realise I was missing! It brushes with the gentleness of Ozu/Yi-Yi while capturing more violent displacement (cultural misogyny), all filtered through an intimacy that signifies a deeply personal creation. The intimacy, which creates 1994 for specificity rather than nostalgia, encourages a certain amount of introspection on the viewers part, reflecting their own path to self-acceptance.

4. Miguel's rating of the film House of Hummingbird

5. letters never sent's rating of the film House of Hummingbird

“Among all the people you know, how many really know what's going on inside you?” This is so precious. Just the kind of film I've been waiting for to resuscitate from drowning in malaise. I'm always drawn to films that resonate with me, and this is no different. I relate to Eunhee, her struggles, her family, her feelings of isolation. A beautiful and introspective film.

6. Ivanda Wahyu's rating of the film House of Hummingbird

Ngalir apa adanya, tanpa klimaks yang berlebih pun film ini tetap menyentuh, Kim Bora sukses menggambarkan suatu kejadian dengan hubungan tarik ulur antar manusia, sungguh realistis

7. tazkiatia (wildflowrr)'s rating of the film House of Hummingbird

I can relate to 80% of the story. Living in a middle-low class patriarchal family, having annoying brothers, feeling an outsider in every place. etc- (except have a boyfriend in middle school, and I’m not that pretty tho) There are some people that feeling de-force living with their family because it all they had.

8. Dries's rating of the film House of Hummingbird

Profondamente intimo e malinconico, con una soundtrack immersiva. Arrivi a fine visione che vuoi abbracciare forte quella ragazzina...:'(

9. minfadly.robby's rating of the film House of Hummingbird

a film with a teenager whose life is not beautiful at all.

10. Disa's rating of the film House of Hummingbird

4.5 Eunhee who is misunderstood by everyone around her at the age of 13, I resonate with that.

11. Bo bo min's rating of the film House of Hummingbird

12. bangtan's rating of the film House of Hummingbird

13. Yang's rating of the film House of Hummingbird

A dive into the life of a teenage girl that is extremely rich and honest in it's depiction of familial dysfunction, the volatility of relationships, and importance of mentorship and hope. The film is long because Bora doesn't rush to any quick and easy resolutions. We are given time to experience adolescence with Eunhee - the breadth of experiences, challenges and learning that comes with discovering oneself. 3.5

14. Not A Sexy Vampire's rating of the film House of Hummingbird

South Korean cinema continues its hot streak with Bora's debut feature, a depressing yet gentle coming of age story with nuanced performances and a surprisingly intricate script. Every time you think its gone off on an odd tangent, film brings it back to reveal a deeper theme or emotional payoff. Scene about self-hatred and the miracle of moving your fingers is the closest I've come to crying at this year's MIFF.

15. Aaken's rating of the film House of Hummingbird

Kim Bora's first feature is a wonderfully sensitive and delicate portrait / recollection of the tumultuous teenhood times. Park Ji-hu is a revelation as 14 yo Eunhee who wakes up to the world, amidst a messed up family, isolation at school and her passion for drawing, and discovers the many facets of love. It is heart-warming and exciting to witness this new wave of female directors.

16. Paul's rating of the film House of Hummingbird

Beautifully depressing

17. Katya Kazbek's rating of the film House of Hummingbird

Masterfully played by first-time actor Park Ji-Hoo, Eunhee is dream cast to portray a powerhouse of awkwardness. The film is loose, spacious, like a day of a teenager when the school is off, and sometimes I found that it was too encumbered with the need to sear, not hurt, to work better. But it also captured the insulated nature of adolescence so well that perhaps form merely followed function.⠀