Beoordelingen & Recensies

1. oldeuboi's rating of the film It Must Be Heaven

To put it simply, in IT MUST BE HEAVEN Suleiman's comedy falls between Kaurismäki and Roy Andersson which means either deadpan, quirky or absurd.  Consist three segments that mirrored each other and seamlessly connected by the recurring themes: disillusionment and reflection.

2. chanandre's rating of the film It Must Be Heaven

[UCI El Corte Inglès] Drinking not to forget things but to remember things. Wish Israel and Palestine would (re)unite with one another's in Elia's lifetime. In the end this is something for the young ones to accomplish. If we can dance with the other side, then there r no sides to this: we're all Israelis and Palestinians. I don't pick a side. I just want them to co-exist and co-love each other>they need hugz pronto.

3. jazzeyn's rating of the film It Must Be Heaven

Laf kalabalığı yok, sinema var. Özenli mekan, ışık, müzik, sembol, kamera kullanımları ve komedisi ile beni mest etti.

4. malachiesipucheala94's rating of the film It Must Be Heaven

5. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film It Must Be Heaven

The scene in a New York's park with Leonard Cohen in the background is unforgettable.

6. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film It Must Be Heaven

7. Aukse's rating of the film It Must Be Heaven

8. josé neves's rating of the film It Must Be Heaven

DCP. In 96, Suleiman's breakthrough in cinema was sublime. Now the clown has aged, the Keaton's face has changed and his maturity look is at the level of his existential evolution, heavily ironic, but calm. Like Iosseliani and Kaurismaki, he's one of the magnificent strains of comedy in the last decades. I agree with the comment that is touching to see him being an accomplice observer of Palestinian youth revelry.

9. Chartrand Mendeleev's rating of the film It Must Be Heaven

10. Liu Vash's rating of the film It Must Be Heaven

11. parnian janatimehr's rating of the film It Must Be Heaven

12. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film It Must Be Heaven

Drinking to remember: enveloping slow-burn satire about the world as one enormous occupied territory, presented as an exquisitely choreographed series of near-silent wry sketches evoking Andersson, Iosseliani, Sennett and Tati.

13. koraydiyebirisi's rating of the film It Must Be Heaven

Öncelikle bunun bir komedi filmi olmadığını söylemek gerek. Ne filmi derseniz, çerezlik "gönderme var" filmi diyebilirim. Sonralıkla yönetmenin sinematografik oyunları beni filme pek bağlayamadı. Sıkılmadım ama keyif de almadım. Birçok güzel sahne barındırıyor ama filmin geneli fazla yavan. Göndermelerin bir çoğunu kaçırmış olabileceğimi tahmin ediyorum ama bu, araştırma heyecanı bile vermiyor açıkçası.

14. Loud Rocks's rating of the film It Must Be Heaven

15. William-Chen-9832's rating of the film It Must Be Heaven

16. Masoud Einabadi's rating of the film It Must Be Heaven

17. thebaus's rating of the film It Must Be Heaven

18. tamarabazarova's rating of the film It Must Be Heaven

I loved it. More than anything, it’s a film about the gaze. (The Palestinian's? And then, the Palestinian's in exile?) A stunning exercise in style. Darkly comic. Fleetingly Palestinian, loyal nonetheless. A portrait of the discordant drone of late capitalism hanging over contemporary life. Replete with militarized imagery. Deeply romantic!

19. Rob White's rating of the film It Must Be Heaven

Potentially Suleiman’s best work; this disappoints. A somewhat unsubtle examination of what Edward Said termed the ‘double-consciousness’ of exile, which in the case of the Palestinian, means never truly forgetting nor remembering oneself. This process of forgetting triggers ‘E.S.’’ wanderings from Nazareth, yet through what John Collins terms ‘a global that is becoming Palestinized’ he is forever reminded of ‘home’.

20. Bilouaustria's rating of the film It Must Be Heaven

CINEMA _ I enjoy Suleiman’s work and his particular look on things, on us, on modern societies. Of course he brings Tati back because it’s often a visual humor, quite strictly composed (good framing, no camera movement). You could have the feeling here with the many vignettes that it’s the same everywhere, the world an absurd place... but the last shot is genuinely benevolent and moving. Suleiman believes in youth.

21. Bekriah M's rating of the film It Must Be Heaven

Some vignettes could be turned into a more consistent film. Overall: Disappointing.

22. FISCHER's rating of the film It Must Be Heaven

Dommage que certaines séquences s'alourdissent de scènes peu convaincantes, d'un humour souvent répétitif et d'une qualité spirituelle bien introuvable... www.cinefiches.com

23. Denis Zordan's rating of the film It Must Be Heaven

24. Massimo's rating of the film It Must Be Heaven

Someone will object to a certain superficiality of the comic scenes by Suleiman, but his speech focuses precisely on the superficiality of common perception, on common place, the illusion of freedom and the banality and absurdity of daily situations. We need just to sharpen our way of seeing. Fritz Lang once said: "First of all I should say: I am a person who looks. I only experience through the eyes".