Voor een betere MUBI ervaring, update jouw browser.

Beoordelingen & Recensies

1. Bob's rating of the film Rear Window

The main plot device is introduced as a driving force for tension and suspense only in a second half. But, thanks to sharp dialogues, its entire running time feels like a thrill ride. That's why this one doesn't feel like a gimmick, no matter how basic premise truly seems. Much like other Hitchcock's mystery-thrillers, as the story unravels, the main protagonists end up being more unlikable the the actual villains.

2. Paul Nedelcu's rating of the film Rear Window

3. Adam Metwally's rating of the film Rear Window

4. ninchok's rating of the film Rear Window

Loved every moment of it!

5. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Rear Window

3.8 stars. Creates a pretty perfect dialectic between glossy Hollywood palatability and deeply misanthropic-misogynist unwholesomeness. I prefer when Hitchcock deliberately breaks his cinema's superflat carapace in 'Vertigo' letting weird expressionist elements leak in. The soundstaging here is brilliant, but airless... which is thematically appropriate, but a little exhausting for me personally!

6. Diego Ruscitto's rating of the film Rear Window

7. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Rear Window

8. Hup-lá's rating of the film Rear Window

El malestar de la mirada: un trazo del ojo que ve y que revela lo no revelado, lo que se escapa al ojo. Es a través del acto de sentarse y ver-mirar en el que el mundo se nos presenta en su completud. Planos fijos y ventanas fijas, al igual que los que ven, permanecen en un estatismo para enfocar la mirada a otra parte. El ojo cine. El malestar de la cultura. Desenfocada, sin transfiguración cinematográfica.

9. Aaron C Jones's rating of the film Rear Window

Probably the Hitchcock film I've seen the most times. I have some problems with the film's gender politics, especially the fact that Lisa practically has to jump through flaming hoops to earn Jeff's attentions. It's a capsule of the time it came from. I suppose it's even progressive by the standards of its era, due to the implied class divide that Jefferies and Lisa cross to even be together in the first place.

10. Benjamin Reid's rating of the film Rear Window

Pretty good but a tad overrated. I think Peeping Tom is a way better film about voyeurism. It's hard to believe that James Stewart is more interested in his neighbors than the beautiful Grace Kelly. The fact that the film revolves so much around 1950s gender norms is a bit eyeroll inducing. The concept and mise en scene are great, but if only the murderer was more compelling. The last half hour is fantastic though.

11. Walker's rating of the film Rear Window

35mm. Great theater experience

12. Chearth's rating of the film Rear Window

13. MisterColo93's rating of the film Rear Window

14. aliasgenius's rating of the film Rear Window

15. captainfez's rating of the film Rear Window

Miss Lonelyhearts is the real star.

16. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Rear Window

The ultimate voyeur movie. Grace Kelly was at the height of her career as the girlfriend of (always excellent) James Stewart who observe a possible murder by his neighbor. Hitchcock has probably never been better with this film where every window tells different stories and he has gotten the film shot and edited marvelously. It is nothing here to complain about in a movie that is close to perfection.

17. janh24's rating of the film Rear Window

18. mmjy's rating of the film Rear Window

19. film_frame's rating of the film Rear Window

Possibly, Hitchcock's most technically perfect film, but feels much more alive than just that. Like most of his oeuvre, his most accessible theme lies in our desires to lift the veil and see what others are into. Voyeurism, yes... but so much more than that.

20. Ben Nash's rating of the film Rear Window

A nice little appetiser to munch on while you mentally prepare yourself for the OTHER Hitchcock/Stewart collaboration.

21. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Rear Window

I remember how much I enjoyed it the first time I saw it. I saw it in the movie theatre, and I remember trying to crawl out of my seat because of how well the tension was built. Jimmy Stewart plays a bit of a perv. He's peeking into windows with binoculars and a telephoto lens. He has the incredible Grace Kelly, but he'd rather be the voyeur.

22. dordairobert's rating of the film Rear Window

23. croissant massage's rating of the film Rear Window

I don't see the mass adoration for this film. I liked it, but it certainly didn't maintain my interest. Certainly my least favorite "major" Hitchcock film.

24. whimisical melancholy's rating of the film Rear Window

Hitchcock the master of mise-en-scène