Beoordelingen & Recensies

1. Ɱ βloom's rating of the film Scarlet Street

2. Jonathan Kelsall's rating of the film Scarlet Street

Psychologically cruel and bleakly depressing if you in any way are approaching middle age and that's something Lang manages to tap into a selective amount of the audience that is watching, one half laughing at the absurdity of Robinson's character for cruelly being tagged along and the other cringingly trying to avoid a feeling of embarrassment of a past incident they may be too familiar of loneliness and compassion.

3. Paulo's rating of the film Scarlet Street

Oh boy the man knew how to make movies!!

4. Maria das Mercês Pinto's rating of the film Scarlet Street

Não consegui terminar. A exibição foi interrompida

5. Johan H Geertsema's rating of the film Scarlet Street

Absolutely devastating. What a masterpiece.

6. gberazategui's rating of the film Scarlet Street

7. Elly's rating of the film Scarlet Street

The moral of the story is... is the main theme as film noir presents. I like Lang, I like old movies.

8. LeDobermann's rating of the film Scarlet Street

9. João Paulo's rating of the film Scarlet Street

Fritz Lang nos agracia com um protagonista incomum, velho, feio, com um emprego monótono, um casamento infeliz e uma vida medíocre. Sua única escapatória é a arte na qual dedica-se fielmente sem perspectivas de lucro, um amor que não promete nada em troca. As relações humanas são diferentes, ainda mais nos submundos de Lang, todos querem tirar vantagem mas não escapam da danação. O privilégio do sorriso é dos ricos.

10. amariliz's rating of the film Scarlet Street

11. Francisco Real's rating of the film Scarlet Street

Una gran pelicula de cine negro. Robinson y Bennett destacan plenamente. La escena de la culpa en el cuarto de hotel hacia el final es fantástica.

12. Ryuu Baron's rating of the film Scarlet Street

Genius movie, great masterclass again mr. Lang.

13. Amin's rating of the film Scarlet Street

14. Eliane Silva's rating of the film Scarlet Street

Um diretor brilhante como Fritz Lang se transfere para outro país, enfrenta outra cultura e ainda assim consegue exercer a sua genialidade em um filme como este excelente clássico. O enredo é muito bom, a trama é bem elaborada, com uma observação para o final que achei pouco original com o estado psíquico em que foi colocado um dos comparsas do crime.

15. bharath.sivakumar's rating of the film Scarlet Street

Starting out as a simple noir mystery soon starts filling up with complex characters sharing complicated relationships. Lan'gs understanding of human beings' primal desires and using the screen as a mirror to show humanity's dark morality can make this movie difficult to watch. A bone chilling climax depicting mental illness at its realest, one isn't sure if the ending was a victory or a defeat for our protagonist.

16. Erfan Almasi's rating of the film Scarlet Street

17. Tornasol's rating of the film Scarlet Street

4.5. Cruel Lang. El giro idealista de las representaciones desmorona todo, recaemos en el pesimismo, las pasiones tristes, el nihilismo de los resentidos y los culpables, la mala conciencia...

18. Priyadarshini Dawn's rating of the film Scarlet Street

-Lazy Legs. -Jeepers, I love you, Johnny! Haunting effect of music, dialogues and lights!

19. Marlonw's rating of the film Scarlet Street

20. The Nebula's rating of the film Scarlet Street

4.5 Excellent Movie. In all ways. I am an amateur critic about Movie Art, I don't know anything about it's fundamental scientific, prof. stuff on the other hand I watched maybe thousands of movies since my childhood. As a result; my amateur critic eyes says that we have a fascinating movie and scenerio here.

21. Zehra Güneş's rating of the film Scarlet Street

One of the most underrated movies I have ever watched, it is so powerful movie considering 40s technologies in movie industry. Brilliant piece of art.

22. jb666's rating of the film Scarlet Street

Although having a bit cheesy storyline with heavy moral focus by today's standards, that's a masterfully produced movie with perfect rhythmic control, camera work and acting.

23. sanespa32's rating of the film Scarlet Street

Gran obra de Fritz Lang, imperdible

24. Michael H. CLAES's rating of the film Scarlet Street

When Johnny slaps Kitty, it's LANG who's slapping her ! LANG who unleashes his fierce MISOGYNY in this play by De la FOUCHARDIÈRE that he has adapted so well. === Quand Johnny balance des gifles à Kitty, c'est LANG qui la gifle ! LANG qui fait exploser sa MISOGYNIE féroce dans cette pièce de De la FOUCHARDIÈRE qu'il a si bien adaptée. 3,5/5