Bitte aktualisiere deinen Browser um MUBI optimal nutzen zu können.

Oceny i Recenzje

1. Renton47's rating of the film 1985

Sure to find many fans as it rolls out across streaming. It's a tender, emotionally powerful and gratifying drama that doesn't offer hollow redemption. Also plays with a degree of artifice in its casting and restraint of setting (a quiet club) that gives it a nice all-American subversion. The importance of offering a transmission to those who will have no understanding of our lives really struck me.

2. Not A Sexy Vampire's rating of the film 1985

AIDS crisis films are my kryptonite, turning me into a sad broken heap. This begins as a serious version of Make The Yuletide Gay but ultimately transforms into something more delicate and subtle. Focussing on the epidemic through the lens of family is unique heartbreaking perspective. Madsen, Chiklis and Michael Smith give powerful performances. Last shot is highly symbolic, an act of love that feels like a eulogy.

3. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film 1985

Resolutely low key but genuinely affecting with excellent performances all round.

4. Luis's rating of the film 1985

If you read the synopsis it might seem like a deja vu from Xavier Dolan's: It's Only the End of the World. But Dolan's film was a dramatic disaster while this one is an emotional wonder much more resonant and more recommended. Watch it, really.

5. Rocco's rating of the film 1985

Feels like a closing of the book on the AIDS crisis. An elegy for all those young men who went to their graves never having been truly known by their families. A small-scale, personal tragedy pressurized into a glittering jewel of hope for all those who come after.