Oceny i Recenzje

1. Spezialle_K's rating of the film Sideways

One of the best films ever made. Period.

2. ejonline's rating of the film Sideways

I have no words for how much I hated this movie.

3. Enrico Benarivo's rating of the film Sideways

4. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Sideways

I've lost count of how many times I've watched this film which manages rather magically to tread a line between observing and understanding often reprehensible behaviour; playing to middle aged male wish fulfilment (being stared at longingly by Virginia Madsen pouring out her soul and actually wanting to read your novel); and finding some redemption by being more graceful and honest about your failings. Glass raised.

5. aurkihnowe's rating of the film Sideways

Nice little small scale Hollywood indie makes good....fav scene...the Dionysian moment when Giametti dumps the wine bucket over his own head....

6. Peregrine's rating of the film Sideways

This my favourite type of "feel-good" movie.

7. chaotic femme's rating of the film Sideways

8. Bob's rating of the film Sideways

One of the very best comedies of the 21st century and it still feels fresh and exciting. Thomas Haden Church and Paul Giamatti share the great chemistry as a polar opposite buddies. The latter brings one of the funniest and saddest performances of any actor's career, and it's always easy to feel bad for poor old Miles. Beautiful Californian scenery and wine are just extra ingredients for this cinematic specialty.

9. lofisofi's rating of the film Sideways

most successful as a depiction of the tragic banality of California's wine country

10. Görkem Demir's rating of the film Sideways

11. misu's rating of the film Sideways

12. wiwitaek's rating of the film Sideways

One way to advertise wine and hedonistic lifestyle. Checked.

13. Damon Weathers's rating of the film Sideways

Not my favorite Alexander Payne flick, but definitely up there

14. Myles's rating of the film Sideways

15. DenoResandono's rating of the film Sideways

SIDEWAYS is a very entertaining road movie. I liked the simplicity of its storytelling. Yes, the story is simple so most people will easy to enjoy this movie. Beside as a director, Alexander Payne is a good talented writer. SIDEWAYS is a proof that he could make such a simple story but has a deeper characterization. SIDEWAYS able to make us cared to its two main characters. They are likable, although they're pathetic

16. dionysus67's rating of the film Sideways

This could be Payne's greatest film, a paean to life really. It salvages with a disarmingly honest eye, human fallibility, the desire for recognition on multiple levels, from the professional and the conventional to the intimate. Some of the lines are immensely funny and the entire ensemble (led by a remarkably expressive Giammati) orchestrates a Californian symphony of flirtatious moods and moves, secularly Bacchic.

17. Joao Sobral's rating of the film Sideways

1,5 Tales of bourgeois white male characters struggling

18. blkrchs's rating of the film Sideways

19. Stefan Stefan's rating of the film Sideways

20. spasmolytic's rating of the film Sideways

Sort of hard to watch a man sulking so hard over a ex. It's almost as annoying as the protagonist of Swingers, but this one redeems itself in many other ways, and it's one of the only films of this genre I can stand.

21. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Sideways

22. Joel Shelton's rating of the film Sideways

An enjoyable but overall flawed road movie. It works on many levels and offers interesting characterization. However, it often feels unorganized and lacks consistency in its direction. I also could've done without the montage sequences. They often felt like wine commercials. Warmly recommended if you have nothing else to watch.

23. Tiago Gonçalves's rating of the film Sideways

That's why I prefer beer. It only makes me think about pissing.

24. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film Sideways

A sharply written and thoughtful dramatic comedy directed by a master of the genre: Alexander Payne. It is filled with interesting, charming and colorful characters. What makes their strength is that their flaws and complexity makes them more human. Giamatti and Haden Church makes a perfect pair together. I ain't a wine lover but I would have loved a bottle while watching it. "I am NOT drinking any fucking Merlot!"

← Previous 1 3 4 5