Oceny i Recenzje

1. Ethan's rating of the film Spawn

This is a solid comic book movie, even if some of the special effects feel like a video game. John Leguaizmo gives a transformative performance that is funny and disgusting all at the same time. Despite its cheesiness, this would set the tone for these types of films. A fun ride.

2. Aivaras_Z's rating of the film Spawn

2 on a good day, otherwise 1.5. Boy, it hasn't aged well at all, especially in the effects department. But on the other hand, it's so off-kilter and almost unbelievably bad that it has some weird positive qualities that make this one nejoyable at times.

3. Chris DeFalco's rating of the film Spawn

4. spasmolytic's rating of the film Spawn

The mind numbingly horrible intentional and unintentional campiness turns the at times awesome visuals and off the wall sense of dynamic bizarreness which has some sort of frenzied Zulawski-esque appeal into the rotting corpse of all that could have been.

5. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Spawn

They messed up the clown! He is supposed to be a relentlessly sadistic demon who never gives Spawn a break. They made him far too intelligent. In the comic book his plotting against Spawn is done purely through his manipulating him into self-sabotage. As mighty as Spawn is, he can never shake him, the clown is a constant presence and Cogliostro is more of an observer. They made it far too pleasant.

6. HKFanatic's rating of the film Spawn

I'd argue there's potential for this property to tell a fairly sophisticated, R-rated superhero tale a la "The Crow" or "Darkman"...but it's clear from "Spawn's" opening montage that the film has been incoherently edited to meet a 90 minute runtime, and its violence neutered for a PG-13 rating. Still, the film is not without its pleasures for those who spent the 90's drinking Big Gulps and browsing comic book stores.

7. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Spawn

8. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film Spawn

So ludicrously badly made it's almost Brechtian. Every angle, every shot, every cut, every line of dialogue is sh*t. It's like some kind of memetic post-internet video art. It boggles the mind, really, to pull off something like this. I hear one third of the budget went into the special effects, which look like something out of Realms of the Haunting, which was a butt-ugly game even in 1997.

9. Davide's rating of the film Spawn

Un peccato. Fosse stato fatto agli inizi degli anni 90.. forse. Troppo ingenuo, effetti speciali non ancora pronti usati malissimo, colonna sonora ferma a 6/7 anni prima.. blah! Spero in un remake all'altezza dell'eroe.

10. antibody's rating of the film Spawn

THIS MOVIE DID NOT GET BETTER WITH AGE!?

11. Elena Lazic's rating of the film Spawn

12. Knut Morte's rating of the film Spawn

Gotta give it a star for a bomb strapped heart. Once that stops watch out!

13. Pavel's rating of the film Spawn

It doesn't nearly capture the sharp visual style of Todd McFarlane's drawings. I will say it feels more like an experimental film, certainly this was the first "dark superhero" flick aside from the Batman movies. But it feels so uneven, ranging from terrible one liners to intriguing special effects, it doesn't find a middle-ground. Its script and direction seem hashed together to create a sorta cinematic experience.

14. mjgildea's rating of the film Spawn

I saw a sneak preview of this in 1997 and thought it was shit then. Not sure why I thought watching it 16 years later would help. Anything positive Spawn had going for it was put towards its now badly-executed special effects and nothing else. This movie has quite possibly the words titles I've seen in my entire life. But for as awful as Spawn is, for some reason I always watch it when its on cable.

15. Zesty Enterprise's rating of the film Spawn

I remember being 10 years old and thinking this was the coolest looking movie ever. In hindsight, I was obviously wrong, but I still get excited watching it today.

16. Reindertot's rating of the film Spawn

3 stars: MCFarlane, Leguizamo and the soundtrack

17. Algitya's rating of the film Spawn

18. Imagefix's rating of the film Spawn

Uh, these effects aren't very special, Beavis. Man, just re-watched this for the first time since it came out. I'm not sure why I did; it's as awful as I remember. Looks like it was made for $40 on someone's shitty PC; even by 1997 standards, it looks bad. Aside from John Leguizamo and poor Nicol Williamson (I wonder how drunk he was on set), everyone is a cypher. Just plain bad...

19. Mr.Wolf's rating of the film Spawn

Loved the comic and the story behind it......wanted to burn the movie in the bottomless pits of flaming hell.

20. Westley's rating of the film Spawn

I always thought the creepy fat clown that worked for Satan was an interesting character.