Oceny i Recenzje

1. bryanvmh's rating of the film Swept Away

Not on the same level as other Wertmüller, simplistic fable of sex/power

2. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Swept Away

8.4/10, "Wertmüller’s eloquent allegory that nails the essence of stereotyped gender roles, class disparity and human beings’ most primeval instinct." my full review - https://wp.me/p1eXom-3TO

3. misu's rating of the film Swept Away

4. Georges Iroh's rating of the film Swept Away

Power is inherently perverted. A Streetcar Named Desire has nothing on this one in any damn department, especially in the performances. All I was thinking about was the Jimmy Neutron half-hour episode "Stranded."

5. riceball's rating of the film Swept Away

6. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Swept Away

4.5 A misunderstood (near) masterpiece. Its not about left vs. right as much as it shows the result of two individuals who are dominated by the pathologies of their ideologies. She doesn't fall for him because he acts like a pious leftist, she falls for him the more aristocratic he becomes and he loves her the more she accepts his patriarchial dominance. Its far more complex than those who write it off let it be

7. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film Swept Away

If you didn't like the remake with Madonna and THE BLUE LAGOON, you'll probably love this.

8. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Swept Away

9. ammar's rating of the film Swept Away

10. Sara-D's rating of the film Swept Away

11. lou.'s rating of the film Swept Away

Lina is a genius. Gianca is a super-duper-figo. ❤

12. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film Swept Away

Really great performances that endure and a complexity emerges on repeat viewers pertaining to class dynamics that reverberates still. Being able to balance both of these without feel contrived is what makes this film amazing.

13. grotesc's rating of the film Swept Away

14. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Swept Away

4.5 Sure, overly verbose, histrionic max, irony overload, explicit social commentary, but come on... this is CINEMA. I found myself sneering, gaging, laughing out loud often, even a little tear here and there (I'm sensitive). This feels like some open rope Buñuel dropped from the mast. The "point" is clearly made, via a devastating love story. A satire that pricks under the skin. But can you deny the humanity?

15. Mcpeer's rating of the film Swept Away

An engaging and beautifully crafted Italian gem. Visually, films films shot on the ocean look this good. The banter between our two leads is wonderful - the writing and script are so fun that the entire film comes off as joyous ride. It may be too uncomfortable for modern audiences - the violence against women, although, she totally deserved it and it's more about socioeconomics than gender. It's uneven but so fun.

16. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Swept Away

(...) Wir erleben die Untiefen einer sadomasochistischen Beziehung mit viel Gewalt. Je mehr sie sich unterwirft, desto mehr Lust verspürt sie, ja sie fühlt das Pathos der Liebe. Doch wir haben es mit einem gegensätzlichen Paar zu tun. Nun müssen sie sich entscheiden: Bleiben sie abgeschieden auf der Insel oder kehren sie in die Zivilisation zurück?(...)

17. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Swept Away

A darkly funny, ultimately tragic statement about the relationships of working classes, and a good case for why I need to see more of Wermuller's work

18. La quinta luna's rating of the film Swept Away

19. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film Swept Away

Altro pezzo forte della nostra storia cinematografica. La metafora classista viene resa perfettamente,grazie a due attori clamorosamente in parte ed ad un'ambientazione e a dei tempi scenici sempre di gran livello. Il finale crudo e realista eleva ancor di più il tutto. .Un nostro grande film.

20. Stasya Korotkova's rating of the film Swept Away

Weird film for the director who identifies herself as an anarchist. The message "the class system is unfair" is rather primitive although it's delivered wittily.But the love line is a pure praise to sexism which was a part of the dominant ideology.It basically states that if a woman is quarrelsome and thinks too much of herself,she deserves to be beaten and raped into a submissive servant.And that will make her happy

21. Arf's rating of the film Swept Away

Giannini+Melato=la perfezione

22. hastapura's rating of the film Swept Away

I guess I'm a humorless feminist? It's hard not to get what Wertmuller's going for but it just doesn't play on a character level - maybe "raped into submission" works as political allegory, but how many times do you need to read Animal Farm to get what you need from it? Not even once? Is Girl With the Dragon Tattoo suddenly a vicious polemic? I can't get past it. I am clouded by emotion.

23. Bibi Lamy's rating of the film Swept Away

divertente e sensuale, insomma bello

24. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film Swept Away