Pentru o mai bună experiență MUBI, actualizare versiune browser.

Oceny i Recenzje

1. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Tokyo Story

The wonderful clarity and severity of Ozu's well balanced, static shots is combined with great depth and melancholy in the narration. A very special film and a great masterpiece of cinema.

2. Linda Wittgenstein's rating of the film Tokyo Story

3. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film Tokyo Story

Lovely tale that is evergreen. Endearing performances by Chishu Ryu and Setsuko Hara (playing the daughter-in-law). Much has been made out of low placement of the camera--but it is only obvious when the most of the characters are often squatting on the floor on the knees . An odd detail that caught my eye were the steam locomotives pulling the trains when the tracks had electric wires for electric locomotives.

4. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Tokyo Story

I rewatch this once a year to see if it will wear on me and it never does.

5. bouvardila's rating of the film Tokyo Story

as time goes by, we drift away from our loved ones.

6. Duarte Ferreira's rating of the film Tokyo Story

Ozu crafted the cinematic apotheosis of the family drama, reaffirming all that he did in Late Spring and Early Summer with a more pensive and focused look towards the dark remnants of a family's past, not only as mere backdrop motif but as the main motor that carries forth the all of the post-war, existential drama into an uncertain future that sees only peaceful loneliness and quiet sorrow as a possible destination.

7. leonordbatista's rating of the film Tokyo Story

8. William R Clark's rating of the film Tokyo Story

Paid a visit to Ozu in my post-Microhabitat haze. How a film can contain this level of pessimism, harsh judgement, rebuke, and still feel like the most deeply human and sympathetic work of art you've ever experienced - well, that's the trick. An editing feat.

9. Vic Dorléac's rating of the film Tokyo Story

My comfy sad film. I take my cue from Setsuko Hara's character.

10. 丹尼斯's rating of the film Tokyo Story

11. nona vanis's rating of the film Tokyo Story

12. Rocco's rating of the film Tokyo Story

Ozu is such a beautiful mystery to me. The banal happenings. The mannered interactions. The lack of resolution, melodrama, or fussy visual style. All things that should sap vitality from his cinema. Yet, there’s such a delicate intelligence here, and it works on you slowly, creeping in and leaving a sick sadness in your gut. He’s been described as “the most Japanese of filmmakers,” and I think that’s bang on.

13. mimivulturul's rating of the film Tokyo Story

14. Teona Gal's rating of the film Tokyo Story

15. Dean Simons's rating of the film Tokyo Story

Moving. Incredibly shot. Recommended.

16. Eilidh's rating of the film Tokyo Story

Feel like I really should've watched more of Ozu's work before jumping into Tokyo Story but I was just too eager to see it! Upon first viewing, yes at times it can become quite tedious. However it quickly becomes apparent that there is a beautifully heart-breaking story taking place. Will definitely be coming back to this one in the future.

17. Inteleter's rating of the film Tokyo Story

The cinematography in this looked absolute beautiful and I really liked Setsuko Hara in this. I felt the themes of family were explored quite well in the film, especially in the second half. The ending was also quite great. Overall this was extremely good.

18. raggiodisole's rating of the film Tokyo Story

Deeply moving, a tone, rhythm and visual treat that represents a high-water mark in the language of film. A treat

19. stevesher1951's rating of the film Tokyo Story

20. McOpinionated's rating of the film Tokyo Story

Sublime - so contemporary and universal in its themes, yet so embedded in a place and time fascinatingly exotic to my eyes. I have been wondering what on earth my parents would have made of this, if they had seen it. In the end, you're on your own - whether being left, or doing the leaving. Obviously, you die alone. But you're on your own in life, ultimately. (Not just cos everyone you know will die before you.)

21. ela orleans's rating of the film Tokyo Story

1950's Japanese cinematography represents culturally such a distant world I am often struggling to appreciate the story entirely. There is beauty in Ozu's every shot, and there is universal moral or two in the end - life and family can be pretty disappointing and lonely, no matter how well-mannered everything seems.

22. mark's rating of the film Tokyo Story

Something missing… and I can't put my finger on it. But definitely a great film.

23. Charlie Douglas-Hamilton's rating of the film Tokyo Story

Beautifully tender, a sublime rumination on the power of life's intricacies. Truly a film to revisit again and again throughout life. Not much to say but watch

24. MisterColo93's rating of the film Tokyo Story