Avaliações e Críticas

1. Kelsey Hill's rating of the film Festim Diabólico

2. Obsessive Cinema Disorder (OCD)'s rating of the film Festim Diabólico

This is a whimsy reading of "Crime and Punishment", where the idea resembles this plot: the thesis that superior men are allowed to murder inferior men because they're self-justificatory above the moral standards. In the end, we find that Brandon twists this words and his killing his done only by its self-proclaimed power and narcissistic vanity: "The power to kill can be just as satisfying as the power to create".

3. f-nanda's rating of the film Festim Diabólico

Great but by far not my favorite from Hitchcock.

4. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Festim Diabólico

Entertaining and homoerotic.

5. kyla.'s rating of the film Festim Diabólico

6. Zac Weber's rating of the film Festim Diabólico

Rope has been called a stunt by some, but the spectacle of trying to "get away with 'it'" is highly entertaining, from the murder to the explicit relationship. When adjusting to the dated speech, remember these sort of one-liners & ripostes once defined Broadway wit. One knock is Hitchcock's awkward attempts to use brief close-ups to simulate continuity; they're distracting rather than subtle and affective.

7. HSBilly's rating of the film Festim Diabólico

the long take, that was "something".

8. alcools's rating of the film Festim Diabólico

No one does it like Hitchcock.

9. letters never sent's rating of the film Festim Diabólico

It's very simple and quite clever. David Fincher can only wish he'd made Gone Girl as witty as this, without trying so hard. I don't know why I made the comparison...Gone Girl just irritated me so, but when you watch a classic Hitchcock film such as Rope, you are reminded that one does not need to resort to forced 'cleverness' or 'complexity' to make something gripping and thrilling.

10. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film Festim Diabólico

Para ser sinceros, los extensos planos secuencias resultan casi caprichosos e ingenuos (esas transiciones a negro con personajes cubriendo el cuadro). Sin embargo, el debate filosófico que plantea la película acerca de la pertinencia de valores como el bien y el mal, sigue siendo, cuando menos, estimulante.

11. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Festim Diabólico

Pace Vito Russo and his important but limited work, what a welcome unburdening queer liberation performed for "bad" gay or quasi-gay characters in cinema, in this and CRUISING, for the best examples. The mise-en-scene and uses of (re)composition and sound here are quite impressive, and, to mimic John Waters (who was the first writer to point it out to me), I'd give it an extra 1/2 for that stunning matte skyline!

12. Trust Me, I Watch Movies's rating of the film Festim Diabólico

Classic Hitchcock. A masterclass in suspense, staging, and camera movement. Hitchcock's decision to shoot the film with a few cuts as possible is hugely effective and still influential to this day.

13. Joao Domingues's rating of the film Festim Diabólico

Good and evil, right and wrong were invented for the ordinary average man, the inferior man, because he needs them.

14. Ark V's rating of the film Festim Diabólico

Birdman began with Rope. More of an interesting progression than ones to watch over and over but where would we be without a great technical department.

15. Giulia Galbarini's rating of the film Festim Diabólico

Rupert Cadell: After all, murder is - or should be - an art. Not one of the 'seven lively', perhaps, but an art nevertheless. And, as such, the privilege of committing it should be reserved for those few who are really superior individuals.

16. Tiago F. Silva's rating of the film Festim Diabólico

17. correy baldwin's rating of the film Festim Diabólico

Stuck with me less than I expected, which is strange because it's an impeccably constructed film, and a masterful piece of theatre.

18. Aprilia Gunawan's rating of the film Festim Diabólico

The best movie I've watched this month

19. Nina's rating of the film Festim Diabólico

October 2013. The not so perfect crime.

20. Rattzz Matanzano's rating of the film Festim Diabólico

Excellent, a dialogue masterpiece! And I fucking love Jimmy Stewart in this. .....AND first major film to feature a homosexual couple as the main characters.... Hitchcock had balls to tell this story, I'm sure the story, nor the film were popular.

21. Louis Jacquier's rating of the film Festim Diabólico

De loin mon Hitchcock préféré. Tuer sans la nécessité plébéienne de se soucier des conventions morales c'est cool.

22. r u f o's rating of the film Festim Diabólico

For whom that haven't seen it, here the link to the original trailer showing the events just before the beginning of the film. The poor "inferior man", who we barely see only in the first frames of the movie, says goodbye to his girlfriend for the last time and James Stewart presents us the film and his charachters. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xkQoH8QbVs

23. PleasantGuitar's rating of the film Festim Diabólico