Avaliações e Críticas

1. Aardsy's rating of the film No Que Pensam as Mulheres

A lesser, but still charming, work.

2. misu's rating of the film No Que Pensam as Mulheres

3. SpacePirate's rating of the film No Que Pensam as Mulheres

Charming Lubitsch comedy that has the "Lubitsch touch" in spades. Oberon is awesome here, easily her career performance. Douglas is cool as a cucumber, similar to his other forties films, ala Blandings Dream Home. Meredith steals the show playing an asshole/genius that almost feels like an Oscar Levant type character. Hilarious from beginning to end, with the whole plot centering around...hiccups. Yep, crazy. 5 stars

4. dodecaphonic's rating of the film No Que Pensam as Mulheres

5. Cláudio Martins da Silva Alves's rating of the film No Que Pensam as Mulheres

Finally I understand why Merle Oberon was a star. I needed the Lubitsch touch and a hiccup crisis to show me the light, apparently. That said, Oberon's charm is far from the film's only delight. Lubitsch's ellipsis are beautiful, as always, the cast is overall perfect, the costumes are glamorous and the script is delightfully adult, sexy and funny. I could spend a lifetime just watching Lubitsch's comedies.

6. Sin título.'s rating of the film No Que Pensam as Mulheres

7. pluviosity's rating of the film No Que Pensam as Mulheres

the only thing that's disappointing was it's too short. Leaving us with characters underdeveloped, story under-explored, and most of all, Lubitsch banters under-told..

8. FISCHER's rating of the film No Que Pensam as Mulheres

Une comédie injustement méconnue du maître incontesté du genre. Quelques morceaux d'anthologie dont la prodigieuse scène du repas avec les convives d'origine hongroise. Subtil et irrésistible du début à la fin... www.cinefiches.com

9. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film No Que Pensam as Mulheres

Quite amusing but I'm afraid it won't change my life.

10. Blumes's rating of the film No Que Pensam as Mulheres

The gun reveal sequence was fantastic.

11. knockkneed's rating of the film No Que Pensam as Mulheres

generic filmmaking, but funny script. underrated, tbh.

12. paulina's rating of the film No Que Pensam as Mulheres

...and the hiccups... theatrical style and quite pawky beautiful costumes

13. ruthlornaadele's rating of the film No Que Pensam as Mulheres

I need to watch the rest to fully appreciate this film, loved what I saw..looking forward to the last third I missed due to narcoleptic tendencies.

14. RBCrickmar's rating of the film No Que Pensam as Mulheres

Definitely not Lubitsch's best film, but it does have some of his funniest scenes housed within its 84 minutes. Oberon and Meredith's first meeting was clearly a major influence on Martin Scorsese and Nick Pileggi when they came to write the "you think I'm funny?" scene from GOODFELLAS. Essentially the film is encapsulated by the metaphor of hiccups in a relationship; those uncertain feelings that rob us of sleep.

15. ajdehany's rating of the film No Que Pensam as Mulheres

Most enjoyable as a light comedy, but also genuinely weird and interesting in terms of gender relations; some of its assumptions would make it satire if done exactly the same today.

16. Murksau's rating of the film No Que Pensam as Mulheres

17. Storm KMB Moon's rating of the film No Que Pensam as Mulheres

A fun and whimsical watch full of witty dialogue. Sparkling but surprisingly sharp, this pair of devious love birds deserve each other!

18. darri's rating of the film No Que Pensam as Mulheres

Burgess Meredith's performance as the contrarian "genius" is just brilliant. He's small and virile, a sort of Picasso figure, magnetising the viewers as well as the bored protagonist. An early archetype of the total prick, but a complete joy to watch. Plus some great dialogue: Larry: Interesting woman. Jones: She certainly had a couple of interesting angles. Larry: I didn't notice them. Jones: Good.

19. GreenROCK's rating of the film No Que Pensam as Mulheres

A refreshing film, lovely humour. Covering a contemporary, timeless topic of love and hate relationship between husband and wife.

20. Suzy Lane's rating of the film No Que Pensam as Mulheres

“I’m a perfectly normal woman.” “Well, that sounds awfully dull." “My dear, you mustn’t say that about yourself—not even in fun!” ... “You see, most people know nothing about themselves—nothing—their own real personality is a complete stranger to them. Now, what I’m trying to do is to introduce you to your inner self... Wouldn’t you like to meet you?” “No. You see, I’m a little shy."

21. raggiodisole's rating of the film No Que Pensam as Mulheres

Light-ish of touch, started whipsmart, but fell away a little, and I do like a smidgeon of plausibility.

22. daisygrubber's rating of the film No Que Pensam as Mulheres

23. josé neves's rating of the film No Que Pensam as Mulheres

35mm, seen in 1992, rated from memory.

24. msmichel's rating of the film No Que Pensam as Mulheres

Charming film from Lubitsch that doesn't rank amongst his best but is a fun watch nonetheless. Oberon is charming, Fairbanks steady and Meredith a hoot. Seemed somewhat of a risqué undertone for 1941. Script often just sings but lacks the magic of some of Lubitsch's finest.