Avaliações e Críticas

1. Jason's rating of the film The Go-Go's

Easy to mistake what it is The Go-Go's represent. It's of its space-time, but since the band catch MTV as the network is basically figuring out its modus op, that's already a little after the fact. It's not only pop but a very specific kind of power pop, and it is sublime popular music, and important too. They got super famous primarily on account of Svengali-like command of 'the hook' & I'm still crushing on Jane.

2. Not A Sexy Vampire's rating of the film The Go-Go's

Has a slow start, but second half is surprisingly painful as old wounds and resentments linger. Importance of the band means shattering of friendships, Elwood ensuring we never forget those losses. Happy ending is nice to see, the women able to see past grievances to the friendship at the heart. We love a complex portrait of female friendships and cool music. Also, how did I not know Carlisle was the lead singer?

3. bryanvmh's rating of the film The Go-Go's

By having the band be the primary interview source there is a good amount of hot goss to go around that keeps the movie consistently entertaining and interesting. But the outside perspective provided (Rolling Stone guy, musicians they toured with, and Kathleen Hanna) is all so fawning that the scope feels very limited. Partially because, as the movie really stresses, there hasn't been another group like The Go-Go's.

4. Aardsy's rating of the film The Go-Go's

Best of luck with your enterprising girl band!