Pentru o mai bună experiență MUBI, actualizare versiune browser.

Note & Recenzii

1. Supamodu's rating of the film The Hymns of Muscovy

I thought I'd hate it: it's essentially the view from when I lived in Moscow and drove around it, something very familiar, but flipped 180 degrees. However, I think it allowed me to see my city from a completely different perspective, and admire it anew, despite all the contradictions. This is a true accomplishment, and a beautiful work of art.

2. johmus's rating of the film The Hymns of Muscovy

This upside down billmorrisonesque can't really impress other than with the beauty of its Moscow sky. Maybe the experience differs for someone who has never experienced the streets or skies of Moscow...?

3. El Biffo's rating of the film The Hymns of Muscovy

I know it's cheating but I watched this lying on my back with my head upside-down.

4. Rod's rating of the film The Hymns of Muscovy

Not sure why I like this short film so much, but it is captivating. Excellently shot with a great score.

5. cristian.lagunas's rating of the film The Hymns of Muscovy

Perspectivas. Espacios. Moscú como ciudad etérea, flotando en el aire. Maravilloso / Perspectives. Spaces. Moscow as an ethereal city, floating on air. Wonderful

6. mpho3's rating of the film The Hymns of Muscovy

Space is the place, clouds are the cumulus, architecture is the construct. Sofa king cool. "I chose 3 distinct periods: the exuberant Socialist Classicism aka Stalinist Empire, the austere and brutal Soviet Modernism, and the contemporary mishmash. This reflects the evolution of the country’s ideology [and] contains something intangible from each period—its spirit, its frozen music." - Venkov, Mubi Notebook

7. Nan Bauer's rating of the film The Hymns of Muscovy

I love the director’s introduction; he totally nails his desire to make architecture as mesmerizing and monumental on film as it is when experiencing a city from the ground. Chicago calls you, Mr Venkov. Please consider making it the next in a series of cities around the world.

8. aurkihnowe's rating of the film The Hymns of Muscovy

it was ok....the saving grace for me was the ambient remix of the soviet anthem...

9. Colin Ginks's rating of the film The Hymns of Muscovy

I absolutely agree that on it's own terms, it knocks architectural aesthetics out of the ball park. I think it also is wondering what fresh hell is this? It chose Moscow as its upside-down palette, whereas it could have chosen many a corrupt world metropolis at this moment. Beauty and the beast.

10. Camilo A. Malagon's rating of the film The Hymns of Muscovy

Who would know that merely turning the camera upside down one could enter the realm of science fiction, the realm of fantasy? who would know that by simply filming the quotidian and ubiquitous, one could find a world of strangeness and mystery? In its own way, perhaps a love poem to the architecture of Moscow, but also a deep exploration of space in daily life. Fascinating!

11. Mara's rating of the film The Hymns of Muscovy

El cortometraje es un viaje espacial por Moscú. Un transe soviético y musical-hipnótico. Excelente! // The short film is a space trip through Moscow. A Soviet and musical-hypnotic transe. Excellent!

12. tintinmugshot's rating of the film The Hymns of Muscovy

Simple filming idea, with fantastic consequences.

13. Danny Indio's rating of the film The Hymns of Muscovy

Bold. Majestic. Futuristic. Russian architecture like space ships pierce the limitless sky. Oozes Russian pride.

14. dorusan's rating of the film The Hymns of Muscovy

I see grandeur and scale where it's not needed, and both seem to reveal both in Russian and American culture some missing links.. a compensation of some sort. Internal growth is needed.

15. Carissa Nimah's rating of the film The Hymns of Muscovy

This film forces you to sit back and look at the world differently. It’s beautiful!

16. Caro luna's rating of the film The Hymns of Muscovy

an urban alien speculative world of castles in the sky

17. jsmelor's rating of the film The Hymns of Muscovy

It feels like some buildings are space ships; really sci-fi experience with this musical arrangement. Good to see some big, powerfull, and monumental architecture structures upside down, floating away in space.

18. ela orleans's rating of the film The Hymns of Muscovy

eye-watering, ear-melting gorgeousness, an absolute beauty

19. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film The Hymns of Muscovy

We live not on a planet, but among a void.

20. Alejandro Fraga Cordero's rating of the film The Hymns of Muscovy

What an experience, absolutely magnificent.

21. sahandmohajer's rating of the film The Hymns of Muscovy

trapped in space and time, and it's fun. a simple idea executed properly with a great score. The Hymns of Muscovy is a relevant update to the genre of city symphonies.

22. qtw616623's rating of the film The Hymns of Muscovy

That's why Russia lost to Croatia

23. Superfrog's rating of the film The Hymns of Muscovy

Yes it is cool, there are fewer potholes in Moscow than in London, and it is hard to believe there can be so little traffic at any point. But then, what else. This is forgiven as the visual experience is very good, and it keeps it short enough.

24. bfergusonwpg's rating of the film The Hymns of Muscovy

Dense, unbending, totalitarian structures dangled in mid-air like ornaments.Definitely leaves you with a sense of vertigo.

← Previous 1 3 4