Note & Recenzii

1. kartina obskura's rating of the film Salut les Cubains

despite being in b&w, it's such a colorful homage to cuba

2. ejonline's rating of the film Salut les Cubains

The editing during the music sequences was indeed superb and really expressed a feeling of hope and joy. The lack of pretense towards a collaboration (a la Rouche) was refreshing - there was no suggestion that this was the Cubans speaking for themselves, it was obviously an outsider speaking to and about them in a rather informal way (not a sociological gaze). At times the repetition of images made it feel smaller.

3. Danny Indio's rating of the film Salut les Cubains

Varda uses cinematic techniques to convey the rich music and revolutionary spirit of Cuba. Inventive, insightful and poetic. A delight.

4. Dallas Kennedy's rating of the film Salut les Cubains

Cuba is so heavily cultured and they share love with their own people. It's a beautiful thing to see as its shown through pictures and music. Everything was great the history, the story telling, the photographs. Those are really what made it magic. There is magic within the cuban culture, and learning about it added little more to my own magic. Although short, it was very informative, glad I chose this one!

5. Sunil Chopade's rating of the film Salut les Cubains

Salut tous les spectateurs de ce film.

6. Laura G.'s rating of the film Salut les Cubains

Who needs long films when you can have this. It was so beautifully done. All the faces were incredible, the stories they could tell. The music was amazing. It just really transported me. On a superficial note: have you seen the bodies of these girls? Kardashians who?

7. elba_irish's rating of the film Salut les Cubains

8. alleinaz's rating of the film Salut les Cubains

Me hizo sonreír. Gran película.

9. Epinephrin's rating of the film Salut les Cubains

10. Justin Pfaff's rating of the film Salut les Cubains

in this film the use the pictures that the filmmaker took while he was in Cuba and its crazy how these pictures can tell a story without having anything move or speak.

11. Alondra Garcia's rating of the film Salut les Cubains

It’s an interesting watch. To see Cuban history through the eyes of someone French. I like the use of the still pictures and how on some occasions they would sync up with the music that’s playing in the background. I like how there’s two narrators, male and female, it feels like there’s a balance to the tone. The documentary had some elements that were showed that went well together like the music and the socialism.

12. Andreea's rating of the film Salut les Cubains

My first Agnes Varda and I am in love. It's a photo montage documenting her first visit to Cuba.

13. ronny's rating of the film Salut les Cubains

would probably be five stars for someone who understands French. as someone reading the captions, i feel like i'm missing half of the power of the images.

14. Nedelson's rating of the film Salut les Cubains

Rare for me to say that I wish a film were longer . Completely absorbing.

15. Marcela's rating of the film Salut les Cubains

Always detailed-oriented and poetic, Agnes Varda teaches us about Cuba 10 years after the revolution through a series of pictures. We see the country and mostly the people through her aesthetic. A travel journal with a romantic perspective.

16. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Salut les Cubains

Agnàs Varda's work that is most influenced by her contemporaries, by Chris Marker, Alain Resnais, Jean Rouch and the likes. It may be nowhere near as personal as her later documentaries, but the playfulness and rhythm of photographic editing makes up for it.

17. marcia_donato's rating of the film Salut les Cubains

18. Leo Andreiko's rating of the film Salut les Cubains

What an amazing, inventive documentary, marked with Varda's signature style. Narratively and aesthetically pleasing and intriguing!

19. lou.'s rating of the film Salut les Cubains

Salut la Reine Agnès de Varda ❤ tu manques, baucoup.

20. Pegarange's rating of the film Salut les Cubains

7/10. When Varda is telling you about a place she finds fascinating, what can you do except listen, watch, and enjoy?

21. johmus's rating of the film Salut les Cubains

Imagine being invited to look and listen to the travel stories of one of the sweetest and kindest cinematic souls - or the 'godmother' of French New Wave as Mubi says. Imagine being shown inside the soul of a curious observer. Imagine watching a film about Cuba in the Sixties and not dwelling on politics but focusing on life and the people and the joy and the dancing and the girls and the music and living for life.

22. Mestro's rating of the film Salut les Cubains

23. letters never sent's rating of the film Salut les Cubains

Still images that are alive not just because of Varda, but because of how alive Cuba as a subject matter is.

24. lynmdna's rating of the film Salut les Cubains

Picturesque and poetic. In a perfect amount of running time, Agnès Varda provides a nuanced and nearly objective narrative of Cuba through living, breathing images- saluting its heart, hybridity, soul, stories, and names.