Pentru o mai bună experiență MUBI, actualizare versiune browser.

Note & Recenzii

1. phorlarbear's rating of the film She-Man: A Story of Fixation

Interesting and quite odd at the same time. I’ve never thought that there’s a queer’s film like this in 1960s that actually even try to give justice to queer people (in a very odd presenting way) that who they love and what they want to dress like is just their personal preferences. I like the phase “I love you, I don’t care who you are” and the tape blackmailing scene. Good watched!

2. Reynaldo Goulart's rating of the film She-Man: A Story of Fixation

3. Supamodu's rating of the film She-Man: A Story of Fixation

This would make one hell of a reality show.

4. Eric Rucker's rating of the film She-Man: A Story of Fixation

As always with the NWR restorations, I mayn’t think much of it as art, but it was interesting, I’m glad I saw it, and likely wouldn’t have known it existed, let alone had a chance to see it anywhere else. Thanks, MUBI.

5. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film She-Man: A Story of Fixation

Technically okay (I suppose), this suffers from appalling acting from almost all of the main players. On the plus side, it feels like something that could be brilliantly reworked by John Waters. On the downside, however, Bob Clark fails to keep it as lively and twisted as it could be.

6. Edwin Diaz Negron's rating of the film She-Man: A Story of Fixation

Despite the despites: really fun short feature.

7. Nikolaos Kartalis's rating of the film She-Man: A Story of Fixation

Far more entertaining and camp than I thought it would be!

8. Not A Sexy Vampire's rating of the film She-Man: A Story of Fixation

An oddity, like most of the byNWR season. If you squint one can almost see it's sympathetic towards trans folk, but this is actually more of a kinky BDSM fantasy. Fascinating thing about exploitation and subversive queer cinema is they could share the same plot, just with different viewpoints. A man blackmailed into becoming trans and realising they love being dominated? Where's LaBruce or Waters when you need 'em.

9. DebraM's rating of the film She-Man: A Story of Fixation

Besides the premise, the things that make this stand out is the appalling script and even worse acting. It could've been an interesting artifact but really, it's just another cheap exploitation film. Two stars for making me laugh.

10. mmassias's rating of the film She-Man: A Story of Fixation

11. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film She-Man: A Story of Fixation

A crossdressing/transvestite horror movie nightmare for any man who is straight. Terribly acted, directed and written but at least it gave these "men" some paid work and fronted their statement in the sixties and it gave director Bob Clark some experience before giving us some better films (and some even worse ones). Dorian Wayne get away with honor though as being very believable as powerhungry, cruel Dominita

12. tubbssw's rating of the film She-Man: A Story of Fixation

50 years on it is still worthy cinema. Importantly it is able to tell its story, an interesting time capsule, compactly and in a limited running time.

13. David Perez's rating of the film She-Man: A Story of Fixation

As vapid as any other piece of 60s counter-culture garbage.

14. NipponNewfie's rating of the film She-Man: A Story of Fixation

Really awful, but no doubt an important part of the history of LGBTQ representation in film.

15. Rebecca DeLucia's rating of the film She-Man: A Story of Fixation

16. Juan Pablo Dircio's rating of the film She-Man: A Story of Fixation

Sin duda es una reliquia, pues habla claramente de las nociones del travestismo sin grandes prejuicios. Claramente se posiciona en defensa de esta identidad. Eso enriquece muchísimo a la película. Sin embargo, por sí misma es mala e incoherente en su argumento. Por ejemplo, nunca nos muestran a su protagonista como alguien que disfruta al travestismo, sino que es víctima de los eventos que se le presentan.

17. Cherrell Richardson's rating of the film She-Man: A Story of Fixation

This movie was not my cup of tea. I don't understand the point of forcing a man to take estrogen and dress like that as a means to an end. What was trying to be proven here? The director was definitely going for the shock factor here and dropped the ball.

18. Paul Bareham's rating of the film She-Man: A Story of Fixation

There's something about these ultra low budget but extremely serious sexploitation films that remind me of science fiction: an unrecognisable world that seems stuck in time and space. Gender is fluid here, and it only takes a spot of blackmail to turn the tap. Satisfying, but odd and inappropriate, like a school play based on Krafft-Ebing.

19. Pantso-for-the-win's rating of the film She-Man: A Story of Fixation

Is there any chance Edgar Hoover was the ghost writer of the script? Seriously, the story was ridiculous, the acting terrible, but anyone with eyes open can see a freemason agenda to demoralize and push gender confusion. The movie predated the "Jaffe memo" by two years. Considering how things have evolved since then and thinking that Hollywood is full of crypto-trannies makes one sad.

20. Superfrog's rating of the film She-Man: A Story of Fixation

The themes could less to something decent but the quality of the film, camera, acting and all is so poor that it is hard to be supportive.

21. Michael H. CLAES's rating of the film She-Man: A Story of Fixation

SISTERS of STANTON FETISH PIONEER. Pretty original & intriguing, well filmed, edited & narrated on a good jazz score. Dominita & Ruth dialogues, cold & humiliating, match a genuine SM relationship === Original & intrigant, bien réalisé sur une bonne partition de jazz; le jeu & les dialogues de Dominita & Ruth, froids & humiliants, correspondent à 1 vraie relation SM === With SATAN IN HIGH HEELS, best in NWR's series.

22. El Biffo's rating of the film She-Man: A Story of Fixation

Today this just seems like a dumb exploitation film but in 1967 there wasn't a lot of Queer entertainment in most places. This film was a rare treat before the term "GenderQueer" existed. I appreciate that Mubi presented this, and I don't need every film to be an important work of art. I am not sure that this is technically even an exploitation film, as there is no nudity and Queer sexuality is respected (mostly).

23. marisa's rating of the film She-Man: A Story of Fixation

24. Wesley Pereira de Castro's rating of the film She-Man: A Story of Fixation

As atuações são toscas em seu exagero 'camp' e a sinopse é estapafúrdia, mas, desde que aceitamos o "contrato" do filme, conseguimos nos divertir, ignorar os absurdos na trama e a má composição das personagens e torcer para que eles se deem bem... O problema é que o desfecho exige demais até mesmo de quem abandonou qualquer lógica: como lidar com o diagnóstico preconceituoso daquele médico ao final? Urgh! WPC>