Pentru o mai bună experiență MUBI, actualizare versiune browser.

Note & Recenzii

1. SonOfRambow's rating of the film The Pianist

I loved the slow pacing of this. The beginning is a little hollywoody, then it gets real good when it's just him trying the survive alone wherever he can. What an incredible performance.

2. Jason Av's rating of the film The Pianist

3. Natalia Kulewskaya's rating of the film The Pianist

4. Livia Carpineto's rating of the film The Pianist

Unforgettable depiction of a man's solitary fight for survival

5. Enrico Benarivo's rating of the film The Pianist

6. Corvin Rick's rating of the film The Pianist

I dont know if this is a cultural thing. It may be brutish to say, but this movie invokes primarly one emotion: boredom. Explanation: First: I am german. I grew up with the permanent memory to WWII and its crueltys. That's why I experienced the film foreseeable. There was no surprise at all. No radicallity which brought me to think. Just the historical repeat. No subversive thougts, no mssg, just a fainthartly film.

7. haugenlars's rating of the film The Pianist

8. MisterColo93's rating of the film The Pianist

9. ginobartolomi's rating of the film The Pianist

every bit as gut churning of a portrait as any other WWII film, but sadly not Polanski’s best work. relies far too heavily on shock value and lacks originality. In fact, very little of his mark is even visible in my opinion, it’s more of a tour de force for Brody - the moment when he hovers his hands over the piano and pretends to play is beautiful.

10. fortytwoshadesofblue's rating of the film The Pianist

Brutal and beautiful retelling of Poland under the Nazi invasion, without taking sides, without being political. just raw reality.

11. 94..'s rating of the film The Pianist

12. Vincent T's rating of the film The Pianist

13. El Biffo's rating of the film The Pianist

3.6* Not exactly sure how I feel about this one. I know that Polanski left Hollywood, sort of, but this is still a little bit too Hollywood for me. Entertaining but doesn't say anything new. I wouldn't watch it a second time, or tell anyone "You have to see this."

14. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film The Pianist

15. jewelsofglory's rating of the film The Pianist

Beautiful film although I did expect more from Adrian Brody's performance. It looks at the holocaust through the eyes of the individual rather than an issue of political oppression. I feel this is far too common in American films. Say what you will about Polanski, he can make a heck of a movie.

16. mpho3's rating of the film The Pianist

Described by Marc Bridle (Film Music on the Web) as "a sort of conscious dissemination in celluloid of [Polanski's] own wartime memories, ones he has largely refused to talk or write about until now," The Pianist is a true artistic achievement for the director and for Adrien Brody.

17. David R Williams's rating of the film The Pianist

18. Elijah Koome's rating of the film The Pianist

19. Elise's rating of the film The Pianist

This film shows and amazing internal and external journey of a composer who survives living in Poland during World War II. Like many historical period dramas, this one is both factual and entertaining in the sense that it is for the most part accurate in its historical aspects while at the same time tells a story to its audience. I gave this film a great rating because it was a great film and I recommend watching.

20. zubee's rating of the film The Pianist

Too little music. Too long a movie.

21. Brenda's rating of the film The Pianist

The Pianist is a gripping story of a man who loses everything and tries to make sense of what remains. As he watches his life deteriorate due to Nazi rule, the main character, Szpilman, struggles to cope with his family's fight to survive Polish ghettos. By using his talent to survive, Szpilman can garner some sense of normalcy, but the pain in well captured through the acting of the main character and the score.

22. Jenny Miranda UTR's rating of the film The Pianist

This film was fantastically put together. There is nothing I would change about this film. The way it was shot, the actors picked for this film. The script was well written, it was a perfect movie that moved it's audience into suck feeling so much sympathy for the Jewish community . I approve every award granted to this film, Adrien Brody did an excellent performance that had me in tears.

23. ArkenUltor's rating of the film The Pianist

Wow... no words, other than brutal. The modernization of humanity was ushered in with the most savage and disgusting display of mankind, World War Two. This film shows the true underbelly of survival in a world where everything is trying to kill you.

24. Emily Carrasco's rating of the film The Pianist

this movie changed me as a child but I hate you Roman Polanski go to hell