Note & Recenzii

1. Rustam Chartrand Mendeleev's rating of the film The Tenant

2. Hope Morrison's rating of the film The Tenant

this is what happens to me when londis runs out of my favourite baccy brand

3. Livia Carpineto's rating of the film The Tenant

Illness, slight sense of nausea, pure emptiness- claustrophobia. Routine is a maze full of chilling meaningless events.

4. Inteleter's rating of the film The Tenant

Quite good. Polanski's performance was okay, although the cinematography and production design of the film is fantastic. Felt the film started out slowly but got quite interesting in the third act.

5. Carlos's rating of the film The Tenant

Should be considered one of his masterpieces.

6. Joel's rating of the film The Tenant

Strange and slow and simply didn't work for me. I loved Andjani and the film's possibilities but the psychosis didn't sink into my skin as hoped.

7. ruipsoliveira's rating of the film The Tenant

8. Erik F.'s rating of the film The Tenant

9. Stefan Drees's rating of the film The Tenant

Like Polanski's "Repulsion" and "Rosemary's Baby" this one is a totally unsettling film. Philippe Sarde's music - especially the innocent glass harmonica passages and the theatric passages near the end - contributes a lot to the atmosphere.

10. Elena's rating of the film The Tenant

3.5 // "These days relationships with neighbors can get... quite complicated."

11. Wee Hunk's rating of the film The Tenant

Hard to say which came first: the paranoia or the cross dressing. Meanwhile the dubbing/looping is absolutely atrocious.

12. Mcpeer's rating of the film The Tenant

While it's often regarded as the ugly red-headed step-child of Polanski's apartment trilogy, The Tenant isn't all bad. There are some genuine moments that will make your skin crawl. However, this is nothing compared to Rosemary's or Repulsion. I think Polanksi got off at the idea of staring in his own film, but didn't really give the script the depth it deserved. Great ideas go nowhere and leaves us thinking what-if?

13. MisterColo93's rating of the film The Tenant

14. nessa's rating of the film The Tenant

i found a tooth in my apartment

15. LauraPalmer's rating of the film The Tenant

Rewatched and re-loved. TOP film, a Masterpiece. Isabelle Adjani (as always) being a goddess.

16. eleventries's rating of the film The Tenant

17. FISCHER's rating of the film The Tenant

Envoûtant, énervant, angoissant... www.cinefiches.com

18. Mr. Marston's rating of the film The Tenant

19. Sean Harmer's rating of the film The Tenant

my favorite of the apartment trilogy

20. Luis's rating of the film The Tenant

« Se mi tagli la testa cosa dirai? Me e la mia testa o me e il mio corpo... Che diritto ha la mia testa di chiamarsi me! »

21. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film The Tenant

22. Dalibor's rating of the film The Tenant

A third kind of perspective on apartment-paranoia, as this time it is protagonist convincing himself of different reality. Least explained, scattering clues, motifs and subtopics that vary from homosexuality to Egyptology it is not hard to see why it didn't do well with critics at first. I see it as Polanski's most personal, exploring the depth of a paranoid mind left alone in a claustrophobic world of ignorance.

23. gld48's rating of the film The Tenant

A really great thriller with really horrific overdubbing. But I guess it is the 70s.

24. Jess PJ's rating of the film The Tenant

A naturally eccentric Polanski misfit enters his cleverly assembled subtly surrealistic nightmare within New York.