Note & Recenzii

1. THE APOLL0's rating of the film Velvet Buzzsaw

Needed to combine the horror with class conflict. Gilroy wasn't quite ready to go their despite teasing he would. He has the liberal mentality of woe is everything but recoils from looking at the root cause for more than a moment before he feels uncomfortable. It is beginning to show in his films. If want's to get back his bitting edge he had in night-crawler he has to get over his own personal uncomfortably.

2. Partner in der Kriminalität's rating of the film Velvet Buzzsaw

3. Charlotte Hafner's rating of the film Velvet Buzzsaw

This made me want to scratch my eyes out. One of the most pretentious and arrogant films I have ever seen. "Ohhhh critics are so mean. :( They are against art. :( All of them are arrogant and suck!!! :(" Ugh, please, get over yourself. Also: maybe I'm just stupid, but the plot was in my opinion really hard to follow and I payed full attention. At some point it just all became too much and also too stupid.

4. Jonia Caon's rating of the film Velvet Buzzsaw

that ending got me cringing so hard hahah

5. Malcolm Harris's rating of the film Velvet Buzzsaw

If you don't like this movie you're a hater.

6. bulletproof isobel's rating of the film Velvet Buzzsaw

7. nyyssonen's rating of the film Velvet Buzzsaw

This isn't very good but I kind of loved it anyway.

8. babycakesromero's rating of the film Velvet Buzzsaw

9. Metropolis_'s rating of the film Velvet Buzzsaw

The "thrilling" part of this thriller is to think how something can possibly be so bad. Old formulas with even older dressing, bad acting that chills to the bones, desperate desire to "talk serious" about what contemporary art "really is" - knowing nothing about art or about the art market.

10. Shay McAteer's rating of the film Velvet Buzzsaw

The acting is good but nothing else is, really. Disappointing. ~2.5/5

11. nicolecahali's rating of the film Velvet Buzzsaw

Humor trash exagerado. Eu gosto. Gostei da maneira escrachada que o universo da arte é representado mas acho que algumas mortes poderiam ter se mantido trash mas um pouco mais coerentes, ainda que irreais. Daria pra ter explorado mais! Famoso ruim mas é bom (talvez tenha gostado pq tenho vivido nesse universo e adorei as figuras esteriotipadas rs)

12. Rodrigo Morais's rating of the film Velvet Buzzsaw

13. spAce_'s rating of the film Velvet Buzzsaw

I could write a proper review but "critique is so limiting and emotionally draining."

14. Ghostman's rating of the film Velvet Buzzsaw

Velvet Buzzsaw is a fun enough horror film that is best when playing its hand at satirizing the fine art world & not taking on the 'ghost' film. The cast, especially Gyllenhaal (who is undoubtedly one of America's finest living actors at this point), all understand the vicious ironic bite needed for Gilroy's evisceration of the excess & absurdity of the cold-blooded fine art world. If only the horror had as much bite

15. Absentia's rating of the film Velvet Buzzsaw

16. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Velvet Buzzsaw

This film is problematic for so many reasons, the foremost being the casting of yet another straight male in a gay role. Although I’m normally a Jake Gylenhall fan, his hackneyed mannerisms and phony speech patterns actually made my skin crawl. And STOP WRITING GAY CHARACTERS THAT FALL IN LOVE WITH WOMEN!!! It is incredibly offensive to see big budget projects that not only can’t commit to hiring gay talent, but...↓

17. Camila Carreira's rating of the film Velvet Buzzsaw

a satirical version of the square.

18. Effendi Ben Smith-Malick's rating of the film Velvet Buzzsaw

A great sequel to Ghostbusters 2. I also love how everyone who thinks they have some fucking original voice in criticism is shitting on this because it's mocking them and their "artistic sensibilities." The dialogue felt like 90% of the reviews on this site. Just adjectives and verbs shit into existence. We all deserve death by painting. Something something Cahiers du cinéma.

19. Lights in the Dusk's rating of the film Velvet Buzzsaw

A Tales from the Crypt episode with pretentions to satire, this oddly titled Velvet Buzzsaw begins like a bad parody of Bret Easton Ellis (without the wit or the bite) before eventually turning into a bad Hideo Nakata film with ridiculous horror set-pieces. I wanted more Jake G channeling Nic Cage as his art critic caricature, more haunted-art mystery, less of Z-Ashton's dreadful non-performance & stronger imagery.

20. Henry12345's rating of the film Velvet Buzzsaw

teeters on the tight-line of so bad its good, and falls the wrong way 16/2019

21. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Velvet Buzzsaw

6.0/10, "A descent from a master storyteller to a schlockmeister amounts to the distance between Dan Gilroy's NIGHTCRAWLER and VELVET BUZZSAW." my full review - https://wp.me/p1eXom-3Uj

22. Cody Hoskins's rating of the film Velvet Buzzsaw

What does Velvet Buzzsaw mean? What does some cursed art mean? What purpose do all the characters serve? Don't know, don't care. The bland performances don't help us care about any characters and the ludicrous horror premise of dangerous art gets more ridiculous than it is scary.

23. Faszinierender Stadtplan's rating of the film Velvet Buzzsaw

24. riraru's rating of the film Velvet Buzzsaw

Kein großer Wurf, aber unterhaltsam. Wie "Ein Teufel trägt Prada" in der Kunstwelt – die Plattitüden fliegen nur so herum – mit einem gehörigen Schuss GZSZ und gut gestylten Mystery-/Horrorelementen.

← Previous 1 3 4 5