Betyg & recensioner

1. Adam Laurence Pitt's rating of the film A Bigger Splash

2. żaneta36's rating of the film A Bigger Splash

frankly me dear this movie is kinda boring

3. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film A Bigger Splash

An interesting idea rendered powerless by the fact that David Hockney and his friends act in exactly the affected and pretentious way that anyone doing an impression of a modern artist would. Some moments still manage to work, but far too much of this now seems unintentionally comedic, I'm sorry to say.

4. Sin título.'s rating of the film A Bigger Splash

5. babycakesromero's rating of the film A Bigger Splash

surreal doc shot like a thriller. it veers between hockney's work, his fantasies and his co-horts as they mill about in 70s west london.

6. Jason's rating of the film A Bigger Splash

Is A BIGGER SPLASH a "documentary" about David Hockney? You'd have to proceed to append so many qualifiers as to effectively bury the designation. There is a major engagement here with tendencies in experimental/underground film, especially out of America. The Anthology Film Archives Universe, if you will. It is also a daring and highly inscrutable metaphysical mystery not unlike a Robbe-Grillet. Utterly captivating.

7. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film A Bigger Splash

Got really wrapped up in this, but the whole time I kept wondering what it would look like if Derek Jarman directed it.

8. Pymo's rating of the film A Bigger Splash

9. DK's rating of the film A Bigger Splash

More eery than I thought it would be. Beautifully, beautifully shot, as arid and as icy as Woody Allen's Interiors. There are some real crabby bits, but Hockney is darling.