Betyg & recensioner

1. paxy's rating of the film La flor

Nostalgia of some dead genres protracted for 15 hours. Can't take this.

2. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film La flor

A protean shapeshifting work not only in its multiple practice of forms, styles, genres, but also visually, it's a film of faces gradually shifts to landscapes. But yet, I find Llinas' best asset is a visceral drive granted to all characters, giving every story an emotional richness of its own

3. Renton47's rating of the film La flor

I sat in the cinema for 14.5 hours and all I feel really inclined to say is that it felt spectacularly good to get drunk afterwards. Edit: La Flor is already becoming a faint afterglow in my mind that might resemble fondness. My main qualm, and what I must attempt to preserve, is what I see as the careless skills of its director. Too much of it plays as knowing pastiche but is indistinguishable from incompetence.

4. matelot's rating of the film La flor

5. Creighton Blinn's rating of the film La flor

Am I the only one who thought of Don Quixote and how Cervantes interrupts the story's flow with extended narrative digressions unrelated to the main action . . ?

6. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film La flor

At 14 hours long, this is one of the most surprisingly compulsively watchable films of the year. It's a series of digressions that is darkly funny and a great commentary on the audience's relationship to the work they are witnessing!

7. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film La flor

Out of 13 hours I managed to watch first two and a half, but that was more than enough. Two first episodes were just examples of bad genre movies (c-movie sci fi and something that started like a soap opera). I'm not ready to see remaining four episodes

8. MisterColo93's rating of the film La flor

9. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film La flor

The unfinished narratives, the juxtaposition of genres, the insistent incoherence between the chapters, the self-referentiality, the main actresses stepping in and out of roles, the mediocre parts that serve a greater whole, add up to, not a formalist exercise, but a poem about storytelling and the artistic process.