Puanlamalar ve Yorumlar

1. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Death in the Garden

Not one of his great works, but that doesn't mean it don't deserve a watch.

2. Val Costočenpa's rating of the film Death in the Garden

This is the worst of Bunuel’s films I’ve seen. Never a gem for sure. It’s not terrible terrible but I still regret wasting 100 min of my life on it.

3. Juan's rating of the film Death in the Garden

No es un "tesoro surrealista ", sino una convencional pieza de realismo cinematográfico. Mucha producción. Pero no es el Buñuel más interesante.

4. Pegarange's rating of the film Death in the Garden

Much more of an adventure movie than a satire, but it's still essentially a Buñuel film, with its critique of the rule of military power and money, and some mean remarks towards the Church. The really good cast, pretty colours and generally pleasant cinematography are also note-worthy.

5. Graceful Photon's rating of the film Death in the Garden

Much as you might expect from Bunuel, there isn't a lot of love lavished on the characters in this picture. It's a bit grueling having to endure the brutality with which everyone treats the others, and the vaguely nihilistic tendencies that Bunuel often brought to his pictures. If not hopeless, certainly it's not hopeful.

6. Thoke's rating of the film Death in the Garden

Liked it. Don't know why though. Felt average. The jungle scenes stood out for me. Reminded me A LOT of Werner Herzog's "Aguirre, the Wrath of God". I am more curious to see what else Luis Bunuel has directed. I like his style, wasn't entertaint by the story or the aesthetics though. The themes were interesting.

7. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Death in the Garden

“Death in the Garden” feels like two films: the first part is a socially aware semi-realist depiction of a community rising against oppressive military government, the second part a symbolic and metaphorical descent into a jungle representing the natural forces both inside and outside the human mind, and the man’s struggle against both of them. Personally I found the second part stronger and more rewarding.

8. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Death in the Garden

9. alex's rating of the film Death in the Garden

Un film d'azione del 1956 che è più avvincente di molte pellicole dello stesso genere del 2018

10. DrFirestone's rating of the film Death in the Garden

An adventure with plenty of "hidden" undertones touching upon colonialism, society, religion, church, justice - among some other things... I truly enjoyed the location and set details, the old colonial buildings in the jungle, on the verge of civilisation. The story is rather underwhelming and the characters oversimplified cartoon cutouts. The ingredients are interesting, but the way they connect doesn't work for me.

11. Arunn's rating of the film Death in the Garden

A good movie. Not great, but certainly a good Bunuel movie. Following the progression with several Biblical references, I thought the ending would be with only the innocent surviving but Bunuel provides a twist with the interpretation that the guide / ‘father’ of the innocent to be also protected from the ‘wrath’ of justice. Thoughtful. Satisfying as an adventure too.

12. polo's rating of the film Death in the Garden

great colors, great live photo of champs elysee

13. Estebanfett's rating of the film Death in the Garden

This little valued Buñuel film is a deep journey into the jungle of the human mind, a review of values, the sense of justice, with characters beyond stereotypes, human, fragile and hostile at the same time. The last part of the film is directed with mastery.

14. Bodi's rating of the film Death in the Garden

Maravillosa con profunda encarnadura humana con escenas surrealistas Simone Signoret espléndida

15. Sergio Morales's rating of the film Death in the Garden

Una faceta sorpresiva, sin embargo, llena de esa agudeza con la que Buñuel veía.

16. Korial's rating of the film Death in the Garden

Quite often Buñuel's movies offer many details and layers of meaning. In this case, a whole forest of hidden symbols. Many scenes acquire a entirely new value if isolated from the context, but this comes at the cost of the internal coherence of the movie which appeared to me original but not organic.

17. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Death in the Garden

Pretty conventional at first sight, but full of great details: a prayer´s book with ripped pages, the snake covered with ants, the Paris pictures in the jungle...

18. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Death in the Garden

A film I love because Luis Buñuel, under the cover of an adventure movie, tells us a lot of things. Biblical references are multiple of course but they're deflected in front of Buñuel's camera. We'll never know for instance whether Simone - Marie-Madeleine - Signoret would have made an act of contrition after all. Masterpiece.

19. FISCHER's rating of the film Death in the Garden

Les acteurs jouent fort médiocrement, les dialogues sont souvent nuls (bravo Queneau) et les invraisemblances foisonnent, lourdement et de partout... www.cinefiches.com

20. Mauro Pagano's rating of the film Death in the Garden

21. cin·aes·the·tic's rating of the film Death in the Garden

"In-a-gadda-da-vida, honey..." From a cast of hundreds at the start to only two at the end. Interesting how the two younger, 'wilder', less calculating characters end up surviving. The film plays on a well-worn theme of the jungle as a place where the rules of 'civilization' no longer apply, and where outlaws (experienced in surviving outside of civilization) thrive. A routine story told by an extraordinary director.

22. Nick Potter's rating of the film Death in the Garden

The story takes its time getting interesting, but it becomes perfectly watchable before too long. It still feels too conventional to be Bunuel, but I'm no expert.

23. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Death in the Garden

They end up as Adam & Eve... hmmm there's more than meets the eye as with anything Bunuel. Loved the Champs Elysee meltdown hahah unique!

24. Ghostman's rating of the film Death in the Garden

An overlooked Bunuel film that's a masterpiece just like all his other films. Economical in its pacing, surreal, beautifully shot, and marxist as fuck. Bunuel could make a genre film as well as anyone else.