Puanlamalar ve Yorumlar

1. Severus Snape's rating of the film Nightbreed

2. Chris DeFalco's rating of the film Nightbreed

3. Christian Martin's rating of the film Nightbreed

It's got everything from Danny Elfman's music to Cronenberg himself as the main villain, it has interesting costume designs as well, so why does it fail? I think this movie was lost in adaptation, I feel that the cabal's lore has some interesting concepts that can be explored more in depth reading the comics.

4. 9DarkMistress2's rating of the film Nightbreed

I don't know how I didn't discover this sooner! This is an instant new favorite. Midian, it's characters, the score, the screenplay... all so memorable.

5. Adam GR's rating of the film Nightbreed

If you didn't know Clive Barker was gay before....the scholastically colorful Star Trek villain outcasts don't really do it for me.

6. Sebastiano Lombardo's rating of the film Nightbreed

Director's cut is still a mess. Barker's Nightbreed grotesque world seems a bit too much.

7. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Nightbreed

The extended version reveals some of Barker's grandeur and preposterousness. And it's adorable.

8. Linda Wittgenstein's rating of the film Nightbreed

9. Nicholas Gregory's rating of the film Nightbreed

Still style and content over storytelling, since it’s Barker, but it certainly makes up for this lack. Nightbreed is a creatively alight dark-fantasy/horror hybrid. Barker sharpens his tone and visual eye that felt appropriately murky, dank, and a bit awkward in his debut, Hellraiser. The film’s canvas is fantastically striking and the film is surging with ravishing visions and unfettered creative wit.

10. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Nightbreed

Fascinatingly misguided - plays like a butchered Wikipedia entry of The Iliad, read after drinking ayahuasca. There are so many clearly great ideas and threads whispered and abandoned (a Luciferian hero's journey? allllllllrighty then!). Cronenberg is a blast. If this is ever remade as a limited series on Premium Cable, then I think we'll have something.

11. Bob's rating of the film Nightbreed

At times over-stuffed and banal with simplicity of motivations but it manages to accomplish allegorical prophecy of struggle between life and death through a religious, political and ideological tokens. Creative make-up and set design are placing it into elite of B movies while David Cronenberg steals the show and channels a future blueprint for Cillian Murphy's dr. Jonathan Crane.

12. Polyglot's rating of the film Nightbreed

I have a crush on the porcupine monster lady.

13. traag-1's rating of the film Nightbreed

AKA " Audrey Horne goes to Hell" I'm convinced on first viewing that this is Barker's true artistic thought made flesh. A fully realized live action comic book without a dull moment and truly deserving of cult status. David Cronenberg was a worthy villian when he has his mask.

14. Log Lady's rating of the film Nightbreed

Didn't particularly like the book, but the visuals of the film made it more interesting. There's a slightly tired look to the special effects, and apparently I'm not the only one who sees a connection to Jim Henson and especially Labyrinth. It's not an entirely good thing, when the story was originally a lot gorier, and here it's more tame and sluggish. Cronenberg makes me happy, though.

15. Comadozer's rating of the film Nightbreed

I've rated a half star more than I wanted, but Nightbreed is a formative film for me and it is one I find difficult not to be subjective about. As a teenager the reversal of the other was significant, and the sheer volume of monster types exciting. Magnificent soundtrack. But the narrative is a pie fight and general cheese, thick. Still very connected to this film, however, and I watch it every couple of years.

16. valdez 2032's rating of the film Nightbreed

Truly a dreadful film. Plot was all over the place, acting was terrible, action dull, and creature effects did not age well. I know there is a directors cut out there, but not even an extra 25 minutes could save this movie

17. POURAZAR's rating of the film Nightbreed

A cheap story line but with exciting monsters! Clive Barker's monsters.

18. GIYGAS's rating of the film Nightbreed

the perfect movie for anyone who wants to see drunk angry albertans slaughtered by horny demons

19. nobody nothing's rating of the film Nightbreed

The creativity and diversity of the effects and creatures outshine the rest of the film, which is perhaps a little too long in the director's cut, and somehow manages to play like a really violent Jim Henson children's fantasy at times.

20. Jp Diaz's rating of the film Nightbreed

clossic with a lowercase o

21. msmichel's rating of the film Nightbreed

2014 remastered Director's Cut. After 24 years the infamous 'Cabal' cut is available in all its' glory. Expanded and recut the film certainly makes more sense story wise but perhaps the brevity of the studio cut worked in its favour. Cronenberg and Haid are both dynamite but both roles seemed stronger in the shorter cut and the final shot of the studio version was also more powerful than the conclusion here.

22. Majkinja's rating of the film Nightbreed

It's not available in Norway and it's on my want-to-watch list.

23. Pierre's rating of the film Nightbreed

The Amiga game was one of the most fucking terrifying things ever made. I still can't bring myself to watch the actual movie because of the scars it left.

24. Tigrane Minassian's rating of the film Nightbreed

Nightmarish vision of a holocaust performed by humans against "freaks" and "monsters". I can feel Guillermo del Toro and Neil Gaiman in there.