Per una migliore esperienza su MUBI, aggiorna il tuo browser.

Puanlamalar ve Yorumlar

1. Enrico Gaudenzi's rating of the film Şarlo Bohem

One man show per Chaplin che regge la scena da solo per quasi 20'. Altro titolo seminale per il cinema che verrà (Tempi moderni per la sfida all'ambiente domestico) ma forse meno godibile rispetto ad altri titoli del periodo. Divertente lo sketch iniziale col tassista, gag all'interno dell'abitazione troppo lunghe. Solo per chaplinmaniaci. **/

2. Colin's rating of the film Şarlo Bohem

This short is a wonderful example of what makes the best comedy work: lack and excess.

3. Yszryl Noon Jackson's rating of the film Şarlo Bohem

This film was wonderful, I'd definitely recommend it. I spent the entire film just wondering if he'd ever make it to bed. The stunts were done masterfully. They add a great deal of suspense to the film. Similarly, the acting conveyed his predicament to the viewer despite the fact that it wasn't mentioned in the entire film. I also enjoyed the props and Charlie Chaplin's interactions with them. All in all, great film.

4. SpacePirate's rating of the film Şarlo Bohem

Only Chaplin could pull off this essentially one joke premise and stretch it to near 30 mins. Amazing physical comedy and a smooth transition from vaudeville style antics to the big screen. Buster Keaton mustve loved this. Charlie throws his body around the set with similar wreckless abandon as the Great Stoneface. Its little wonder Charlie became the hero of millions in the late teens. He was just on another level.

5. LTDKNWLDG's rating of the film Şarlo Bohem

I really just wanted him to get upstairs, and go to bed.

6. fearraigh's rating of the film Şarlo Bohem

Even the lesser-known Chaplin films have a definitive mark of genius about them. This is one of the greatest, most spot-on portrayals of a drunk ever seen on screen. Hilarious and ingenious. Only the dumb and unnecessary intertitles (partially) spoil things. More Charlie please, Mubi!

7. Carrie Hunter's rating of the film Şarlo Bohem

Best movie to drink to. Laughing hysterically!

8. dmerchan's rating of the film Şarlo Bohem

27-1/2 nonstop minutes of delirious comic invention! Pure gold.

9. Nick Potter's rating of the film Şarlo Bohem

Top notch slapstick from one of the very best physical comedians in an admittedly slight short.

10. mpho3's rating of the film Şarlo Bohem

I did rather like Chapllin's table top run, but mostly it's the total outrageousness of the set design that captivated me. I appreciate the historical value, but the hysterical value was minimal for me.

11. Erik F.'s rating of the film Şarlo Bohem

2.5 stars. Middle-of-the-road compared to Chaplin's later & greater work, but the subject is timeless and universal: a fully-functioning adult is rendered an imbecile by inebriation.

12. Kelsey Ramirez's rating of the film Şarlo Bohem

Charlie Chaplin is such a classic and a kiss to the film world. Watching this film is reminder and an eye opener. Classic bit of falling and getting hurt is a reminder of much simpler times. Knowing what we know now a days I can only imagine the toll on his poor body with all that work being there was no stunt doubles. It is interesting to watch this film and see how it has spun off to what todays comedy consist of.

13. Loz Loory's rating of the film Şarlo Bohem

Great restoration. On the few medium shots of Chaplin, the image is so sharp and crisp. Fantastic that his earliest work can be remastered using different partial negatives. Love when he uses the coat rack to get to the second floor.

14. Sarah Stone's rating of the film Şarlo Bohem

Though, its quite different form the movies we go to watch in theaters today; this film surely can appreciated for its artistic quality. The performances by the actors is outstanding. With the lack of dialog in the film you never miss out on the emotion given by the character or loose touch with he story line. It's comedic and a true classic to enjoy.

15. ronny's rating of the film Şarlo Bohem

maddening yet masterful. this is exactly how i felt last weekend... so i should probably reevaluate where exactly i keep the brandy in my house.

16. Elise's rating of the film Şarlo Bohem

The music is perfectly used to display emotions, highlight events, and introduce complications in the silent film. Because the film is silent, aside from the music, Charlie Chaplin's display of emotions and set choices do a fantastic job supporting most of the film. This film is a wonderful example of a one man show because not only is the film focused on him entirely, but he also directed the film himself!

17. rgarrettrun's rating of the film Şarlo Bohem

A classic film, Charlie Chaplin is a comedic genius for his time. Only one man can make walking up stairs that funny. Chaplin does everything for the film, theres no camera or editing tricks, he brings alive his character through his motions, creating a classic comedy film.

18. Fabiul's rating of the film Şarlo Bohem

Oh Charlie, but how are you able to do all these things. Genius

19. Joseph McFarland's rating of the film Şarlo Bohem

Chaplin's ability to tell a story with his facial expressions is astounding. In a film with no dialogue and occasional text boxes, the ability of the actors to communicate the situation is imperative. The look of pure terror Chaplin showed when confronted with the tiger rug perfectly expressed that he felt he was dealing with a real animal. Some of the effects were great as well, such as the taxi fare spinning.

20. Andrew Maxwell's rating of the film Şarlo Bohem

I didn't like this movie the lighting and background music helped set the mood but the content of the movies was very poor. Granted this movies was only 22 minutes long it could have been extended a few more minutes to make the movie a little interesting or at least a little bit funnier. There were a few parts that were funny, but there were a few parts that I couldn't quite understand the meaning of the movie.

21. Friday Malone's rating of the film Şarlo Bohem

22. Antares Rising's rating of the film Şarlo Bohem

23. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Şarlo Bohem

Chaplin's drunken odyssey to get to bed the movie- hilarious!

24. Monkey Flix's rating of the film Şarlo Bohem

Mildly amusing early Chaplin. Most of the gags go on for way too long.