Puanlamalar ve Yorumlar

1. Krish Sanghvi's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

While in M, Lang showed a protagonist without a conscience, in SS, Lang shows the guilt one has to carry BECAUSE of their conscience. Both films are similar because they ask you to empathise with a crime, and a criminal who escapes punishment. The ending scenes were truly harrowing, depressing, and unsettling, and deserve an extra star despite the slow start. A very fresh take on stolen identity.

2. fadz's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

Adikarya noir yang tersembunyi. Antara lakonan besar Edward G. Robinson.

3. apeksha586's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

It’s a great movie, human mind is so versatile and fluid, the story depicts it so very aptly.

4. Jesse Weil's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

Rather primitive old-style hollywood film. Very predictable plot.

5. Bogartus's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

Edward G. Robinson was a great actor.

6. DenoResandono's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

No offense but I think I loved "Hollywood" Fritz Lang more than he did in his native country. In my opinion this movie has a solid tone shifting in its storytelling. I mean I didn't expect it would be more darker in the end. The ending turned out to be tragic. Maybe because this movie started like a usual 1940's romance drama. SCARLET STREET give the audience a story about how far a man could go when love blinded him

7. ada's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

8. NNGS's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

9. jjk's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

10. Robin's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

Most psychologically interesting classic movie I've seen

11. Haruki's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

Lang’s direction is so meticulous and precise in cooking up the perfect recipe for disaster. Art and violence may have been Robinson’s only outlet from repression, but there is no salvation for him. This noir is dark as hell.

12. Polónio's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

I wonder if people would praise this so much have they not known who directed before watching it. There's something really good happening in the last 15 minutes, but everything else is so... vanilla?

13. Samuel Righi's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

14. beepea's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

Good as horror! I think of the string of ‘The Underground Man’ protagonists in literature and film, arriving at depression/disenchantment from narcissism, our Criss Cross. Lang saves me from this hooey at the pace of the line at the DMV.

15. ΞRIC B∆Ɖ TASTΞ's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

16. Graf von Zahl's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

Dark and hopeless from the very beginning. No happy ending here I'm afraid.

17. bryanvmh's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

What a wonderfully bizarre noir that has more art critics than gangsters. Edward G. Robinson is a very queer sort of fellow in this one, and his post-Code punishment is perhaps the most fantastical I have seen. Softly whisper "Jeepers I love you Johnny" to me all night herr Lang.

18. Carlos Pineda's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

Definitivamente, Lang dirigía muy bien: las escenas con el cuchillo son muy buenas, el uso del travelling y el control de los actores. Además, se saltó el código Hays...y la crítica al arte moderno es muy inteligente. Muy buen guion.

19. Ric O's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

Fritz Lang, a master at work.

20. dorusan's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

The quiet torment of a man that has not seen loss, love and break-up. All these naive ideas spawn from too much introverted recurrence of idealistic romance and loss of grip on reality.

21. The Accidental Film Club (Paul)'s rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

Now THAT was bloody brilliant! A noir like no noir I'd ever seen before, with a low down - and conflicted - working class femme fatale. And what and ending! Bedad, how had this escaped my attention for so long?

22. g's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

You can see this film all the times you want. It´ll always be good. Lazy legs, the pimp, the innocent good old man. It´s naive, but in perfect balance. Beautiful frames, great acting, great direction.

23. Seesaw's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

A storytelling, written by camera.

24. dionysus67's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

Even though the pessimistic universe of the German phase urban crime thrillers is toned down, the metaphysics of evil is just as palpable despite the well-known barriers. The second part generates most of the visual rewards and the superimpositions as well as the darkened urban milieu convey superbly Chris' descent into psychic and social isolation. The deceptions in mise-en-scène bear the great master's signature.