Puanlamalar ve Yorumlar

1. LifeofFiction's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

One of the most emotionally diverse film noirs I've seen.

2. Johnny DuBiel's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

Edward G. Robinson's performance stands as one of a handful that can honestly be called the greatest of all-time; one of the richest, most complex characterizations ever - ranging from pathetic to sinister, comic to tragic (sometimes even within a single scene). The fact that he was never nominated for an Oscar (especially seeing this, Key Largo, and Double Indemnity) shines a dubious light on the Academy's history.

3. João Eça's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

Every character is both a victim and a hangman: everyone is guilty, yet we love them all. Tragedy at its maximum dramatic complexity and emotional devastation. Illusions, masks, change of identities, corruption, love, humilliation, revenge, guilt, impotence, art, masculinity, violence. Lang, the pessimist, condemns everyone. Even the dead torment the living. Pure metaphysical ressonance: the Horror of Evil in men.

4. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

Masterfully subversive film which begins as a comedy and gradually turns dark, cynical, violent, and tormented. The last few minutes went a little overboard in making the point, but everything else, right down to the expressionist artwork by John Decker, is perfect.

5. AlexanderKR's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

Wow um I really need to watch this again very soon. I feel like Fritz Lang had his way with me and I don't even know what happened. I think it was good though?! Lang skipped through genres so fast in this film, I'm doing double takes.

6. Pierluigi Puccini's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

Life is doomed for someone who puts passion above reason. Edward G. Robinson once more plays with perfection the sap in love with Joan Bennet. Fate and circumstances are so cruel to him that, even when he does things wrong, one can only feel a deep compassion towards him.

7. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

Edward G. Robinson stars as a henpecked cashier who one night thinks he is rescuing a woman from a mugger on the street. He is instantly taken with her, but her "attacker" turns out to be the woman's boyfriend, and together they hatch a plan to extort thousands from the smitten good Samaritan. A deliciously pulpy film noir, and surprisingly racy for its time (it was banned in several states).

8. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

Una sensacional película donde el azar y la fatalidad campean a sus anchas en el devenir de unos personajes desdichados. Los giros de guión son absolutamente soberbios e impredecibles. Definitivamente es una película a reivindicar. Una joya del cine negro que, a mi entender, no goza del prestigio que se merece.

9. Daniela's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

"He'd break every bone in your body. He's a man." Epic last words.

10. David M.K.'s rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

Really? (I'm talking to the people who posted below.) I thought this was one of the worst noirs I've seen. It offers no characters, only caricatures -- who are subjected to some of the most ridiculous plot contrivances. 'The Woman in the Window' was a much better and richer film.

11. H. Jackson's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

A near enough perfect film.

12. Elisa's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

My 3rd attempt at trying to get this film, I still couldn't.

13. Edward Copeland's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

Fritz Lang's noir classic features one of Edward G. Robinson's very best performances and Joan Bennett's work as Kitty Drake, a leading candidate for the femme fatale hall of fame. http://eddieonfilm.blogspot.com/2010/02/no-one-escapes-punishment.html

14. Zachary George Najarian-Najafi's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

Robinson shines as Chris Cross, a lonely and desperate man taken in by a dangerous woman and driven to the ultimate extreme. However the film just doesn't add up. It's too slow and meandering, and lacks the visual or emotional intensity usual in Lang's films. Also Joan Bennett was slightly miscast, she isn't convincing. The last twenty minutes floored me though, it's what the film should have been.

15. chanandre's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

[Cinémathèque PT #168: 35 mm] (2005) Duryea and Bennet are pure evil.

16. Dave's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

Dark, dark, dark noir, about as bleak as the genre gets. And also one of the best.

17. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

A film about the intricate relations between Walter Wanger, the producer of SCARLET STREET, his wife Joan Bennett and the movie's director Fritz Lang who was in love with her. A film about art, creation and the power of money. A film about Hollywood. A masterpiece.

18. Andre A. Neves's rating of the film Scarlet Caddesi

My favorite Fritz Lang movie. All the bitterness and disappointment of his American movies condensed. Of all the noir films I have ever seen this one is by far the darkest. Hot stuff.