Puanlamalar & Yorumlar

1. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film The Sisters Brothers

Audiard prende tutto il western più archetipico e lo ridisegna per dare allo spettatore la gioia di una profondità introspettiva, quella che troppo manca nei modelli classici. I tipici esasperati personaggi di frontiera cedono il posto ad un Phoenix catalizzante e profondo, spalleggiato bene da una rosa di personaggi curiosa, ma credibile, premiata da una sceneggiatura che immaginavo più banale. Una felice scoperta.

2. lucia lurzo's rating of the film The Sisters Brothers

3. NCMBianchi's rating of the film The Sisters Brothers

A very interesting perspective on the western genre: unusual because of its lack of sensationalism, and because of how it broke the genre's limitation (both in storytelling and in cinematography - a droneshot from directly above is what people would less expect from such a movie). It did what "The assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford" managed to do 12 years ago.

4. HAD!L's rating of the film The Sisters Brothers

smart, funny and warm. isn't strictly an audiard, but still reall really good. hollywood didn't poison him. the acting is of another world.

5. HenriqueA's rating of the film The Sisters Brothers

A damn good film experience. Audiard doesn't offer much in the way of action, scenery or philosophy, but gives us an understated parable about community/family. It really doesn't go the way you think it will, especially at the end (that seemed a bit rushed to me, but it smartly kept the film from being way too long). It's all you could hope for in a western drama led by Dewey Cox and Johnny Cash as assassin brothers.

6. J. O.'s rating of the film The Sisters Brothers

A little on the disappointing side, while still being one of the best Westerns of recent years. The comedy felt shoehorned and unnecessary, despite the good fraternal chemistry between the leads. The juxtaposition of this goofiness with the bloody violence felt peculiar, and not in a good or eccentric way. Just confusing. That being said, still enjoyable and enigmatic.

7. mpho3's rating of the film The Sisters Brothers

Beautifully filmed and well acted, "The Sisters Brothers occupies its own strange, somber place in the Western genre. The movie is neither classic nor revisionist. It’s occasionally darkly funny, but never exactly comic. It’s its own thing, which in itself is a gift," says Larsenonfilm.com. An unexpectedly moving film that challenges the notion that contemporary ideas and Westerns tropes can't make good bedfellows.

8. Tom Cottey's rating of the film The Sisters Brothers

9. Erica Narduzzi's rating of the film The Sisters Brothers

Uno dei film western migliori che abbia mai visto. Mai banale, mai noioso, il giusto equilibrio tra commedia e dramma. Le due coppie di attori portano avanti magistralmente lo sviluppo dei loro personaggi per tutto il film. La fotografia, i costumi, la musica e i dialoghi sono praticamente perfetti, il tutto è arricchito di dettagli che riportano al tempo e al modo di vivere dell'epoca.

10. Paolo Utili's rating of the film The Sisters Brothers

11. Mr.Pacha's rating of the film The Sisters Brothers

12. Loud Rocks's rating of the film The Sisters Brothers

13. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film The Sisters Brothers

It's not quite clear to me what this is trying to be. There are some interesting little sequences (spider/toothbrush) but mostly this movie is boring. Despite the talent involved (both acting & directing) it goes to nowhere and it goes to nowhere in a slowly way. You really have to sift through a lot to find a few gold nuggets (greed? gold rush?) and the effort isn't quite worth the reward. 2,5 stars.

14. Ştefan Ristea's rating of the film The Sisters Brothers

Wonderfully entertaining and engaging modern/revisionist western. The dialogue is sometimes witty, sometimes smart, sometimes cheesy, but always keeps the movie going at its desired pace. The film looks great and the cinematography does justice to all of the mountain, river and desert landscapes, although I wish it wasn't that flashy - I feel a "flat" image would've fit some shots better. Decent to Strong 8

15. Pango's rating of the film The Sisters Brothers

This is a Masterpiece! (But I won’t recommend it if you are an aracnophobic)

16. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film The Sisters Brothers

In the best possible way, the plot feels almost in reverse as the brothers return to their home and to their mother having experienced the vicissitudes of a life lived in the shadow of their father either furiously and wilfully denying, or fitfully but fruitlessly yearning for, something richer. Only when the father figure is dead is it possible to finally move on. One suspects that the clue is indeed in the title.

17. Annie Gentil-Kraatz's rating of the film The Sisters Brothers

I loved the previous films by Jacques Audiard but was a bit sceptical when I saw he had made a Western with big American celebrities. I still prefer his previous ones set in Europe but have to say I slowly got into this latest release despite of all the violence and blood. Never imagined that watching someone brush his teeth or swallow a spider could be so entertaining...

18. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film The Sisters Brothers

A new take on an old genre with phenomenal performances

19. mubianer's rating of the film The Sisters Brothers

Good for a while, but it sort of lost it's punch. I thought it would have a little more substance, less Coenesque detachment. And same with all films these days, digital can only take you so far, it's not film and it shows...

20. chanandre's rating of the film The Sisters Brothers

[UCI EL Corte] One of the best Westerns of the last quarter of a century. The way John C. Reilly held to that shawl was the sweetest thing ever. Audiard pulled an Hawks showing prowess in a differentferent genre. "(...) the opinions that I thought I had of my own volition were in fact dictated by my hatred towards that man. I'm 35 years old and my life is like an empty cylinder." - John Morris : same here bruh </3

21. captainfez's rating of the film The Sisters Brothers

That's some grim dental equipment.

22. kakaok's rating of the film The Sisters Brothers

The problem with the movie lays in its inconsistency. Comedy accents are out of the element. Movie fails to deliver , it lacks the tension, its bricks are too loose. The narrative reaches to the point where I was not even interested about the ending. And I spared it. If you want to see how modern western should look like, go check Assassination of Jesse James.

23. Jagoda's rating of the film The Sisters Brothers

Excellent and surprising to a point, only to give a little disappointing ending. It carries on some very interesting motives just to abandon them. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it, fantastic characters and acting.

24. Sefer Taslı Sapık's rating of the film The Sisters Brothers