Bewertungen & Beurteilungen

1. Disa's rating of the film Weißer, weißer Tag

Idk. it just feels it could have been better.

2. selcuk guresci's rating of the film Weißer, weißer Tag

İzlanda sineması harikalar yaratmaya devam ediyor. Soğukluk ve yalnızlığın getirdiği psikolojik gerilimler sonuçta sınırlı bir kötülüğe neden oluyor. Tüm beyaz günlerinin kötü geçip sondaki karanlık tünelde en mutlu anın yaşanması muhteşem. Gerilimli günlerdeki filme hakim olan tuhaf ama güzel müzik, hesaplaşmanın getirdiği rahatlamayla filmdeki tek eğlenceli müziği filmin sonunda bize gösteriyor.

3. DžoBanana's rating of the film Weißer, weißer Tag

Slowly paced, but not with an unexciting atmosphere, which keeps the focus on track. *little spoiler / Playing football right beside the Ocean = time well spent

4. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Weißer, weißer Tag

The committed acting from Sigurdsson, whose disarming demeanors can quickly swell from hushed to howling, is the main reason why this impressively mounted film works so well.

5. Alex's rating of the film Weißer, weißer Tag

6. /rusminka//'s rating of the film Weißer, weißer Tag

7. pencils only's rating of the film Weißer, weißer Tag

8. arif's rating of the film Weißer, weißer Tag

The slow building of anger rooted in a loving need to return and fix the past, in the middle of silence and a thick fog. This is great stuff.

9. k t's rating of the film Weißer, weißer Tag

Some say it's a perfect depiction of grief. I like how the nature matches the main character and things that are going on (or lack of it).

10. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Weißer, weißer Tag

Fine cinematography enhances the central metaphors of a world closing in around obsession, grief and rage: tunnels, mist, low cloud, dangerous roads and a lonely, windswept house. Striking moments but somewhat over extended.

11. Gianni Romeo's rating of the film Weißer, weißer Tag

There are so many things here that I haven't seen in any other film... Palmason’s storytelling is unique, the quality of his writing is impressive (also supported by terrific, realistic performances). I watched it twice and cried both times at the end. "So won't you let me see... I said won't you let me see... your naked body?" Masterpiece.

12. OFF_FRAME's rating of the film Weißer, weißer Tag

Excellent characters and a tactile, rough-hewn setting bring home all of the pain this recently widowed Father is carrying as he tries to reconcile the changing world around him. It's a fragile veneer and I thoroughly enjoyed the slow, loping pace. It's just a shame Palmason felt the need to undo the depth he'd created with a final nude scene that felt out of place and unnecessary. 3.5 stars.

13. Miguel A. Reina's rating of the film Weißer, weißer Tag

[Filmin] A double love story that is slowly created. Grandfather's love and husband's love. The madness of the husband is only controlled by the love of the grandfather. The drama becomes a kind of twilight thriller. A day of fury in Iceland's gray landscapes.

14. Thomas K.'s rating of the film Weißer, weißer Tag

15. FISCHER's rating of the film Weißer, weißer Tag

Une histoire en apparence d'une confondante banalité scénaristique qui pourtant, par son traitement informel et disloqué, mélangeant adroitement les genres cinématographiques et les digressions inattendues, confèrent à l'ensemble une puissante teneur émotionnelle et narrative, d'une insidieuse conviction... www.cinefiches.com

16. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film Weißer, weißer Tag

Interesting editing and use of Leonard Cohen's song "Memories." The reference to Schumann's wife and her relationship with Brahms is appropriate and interesting.

17. msmichel's rating of the film Weißer, weißer Tag

FNC '19 Despite a dynamite turn by lead Ingvar Sigurdsson this tale of obsession and possible madness winds up as a disappointing effort from the director. There seems to be such a lack of consequence for the actions of our protagonist that one can't quite swallow what came before. The setting is quite unique but not used to full advantage here. A miss.

18. Joanna's rating of the film Weißer, weißer Tag

Possibly the most beautiful film I saw in 2019. To capture the way humans feel love; in its purity, in its complexity, platonic and unconditional. Human emotion wavering through the most stunning cinematic capturing of Iceland is an unforgettable experience.

19. J. O.'s rating of the film Weißer, weißer Tag

A familiar story of jealousy and loss with absolutely nothing new to offer other than its tiresome execution. For a film that offers some insight into the way our landscapes shape us, and perhaps vice versa, it spends so little time with the landscape in view. Good performances, but ultimately a tedious affair with little payoff – coming from a person who expected and craved a slow arthouse meandering.