1. Tim Chandler's rating of the film A Walk Through H

I could have listened to this off-kilter narration all night...

2. msmichel's rating of the film A Walk Through H

Excellent early short from Greenaway that exposes the elements of the features to come. Familiar themes and actions including list making, numerology, art criticism, the juxtaposition of nature and artistic expression, and of course the music of Michael Nyman. Fascinating watch for those familiar with the classics to follow.

3. naokoken's rating of the film A Walk Through H

Genius. "I will take the path of the third alternative." A walk through real and imaginary cities (nods to Italo Calvino?). The windmills made me think of Donald Evan's (who died in a fire in 1977) postage stamp sized paintings. Perhaps the ornithologist and Mr. Evans took a walk through H together. Michael Nyman start and stop soundtrack great. Colin Cantlie has a great voice for doing the narration.

4. dAlton Anthony's rating of the film A Walk Through H

I actually liked this short film. Here's the problem with a lot of Greenaway, I appreciate what he's doing but thoughtful, reflective pieces often clash with the reality of my lifestyle. It never seems to be the right time or atmosphere....the kid to take to school in the morning, my writing, the social time. This one worked because it felt like visiting an art gallery. and it was short. Sad commentary huh?

5. Operation Kino's rating of the film A Walk Through H

I didn't get it. But as an ignorant Yank, I have an excuse.

6. David R Williams's rating of the film A Walk Through H

"The film is an island of fantasy lapped on all sides by absurdity."

7. Jason's rating of the film A Walk Through H

Hard not to think of Raúl Ruiz's inarguably superior The Hypothesis of the Stolen Painting (from the same year). Both film's could be read as humorous critiques of the excesses of 'interpretation,' especially as exemplified in the then-currently-hip deconstructionist flights of Jacques Derrida. We are talking art history as insane runaway train of fancy and bizarre conjecture. Obviously Michael Nyman is the man.

8. Landen Celano's rating of the film A Walk Through H

9. A-H-H-H's rating of the film A Walk Through H

Soundtrack like alarmclock. Crap.

10. John Crawford's rating of the film A Walk Through H

Some footage of various bird species intercut with some peculiar drawings that are referred to as "maps". A narrator yammers on about his journey. It makes for an arduous viewing experience.

11. Stefan Drees's rating of the film A Walk Through H

A nice and serene experimental film, full of crazy ideas, overflowing storytelling and fanciful drawings. As far as I know it is Greenway's first collaboration with composer Michael Nyman who delivered a fine score, perfectly matching the visual montage.

12. EdieEmm's rating of the film A Walk Through H

An acknowledgement of the Very Serious Work of finding order in the (seeming! you can't fool Tulse!) chaos of the world & our lives; the taming of time & space. The road to H is paved with something interpretable, dammit! Extraordinarily immersive for a fiction realized mainly via sketches (framed, though!) & words. Or maybe that's Greenaway showing us we're better practiced at that sort of art than we care to admit.

13. Zac Weber's rating of the film A Walk Through H

Although I am usually very intrigued by the topic of urban aesthetics, A Walk Through H felt monotonous and way too long.

14. Samuel Wells's rating of the film A Walk Through H

Observing the world through a child's gaze here, the narrator leads us through a series of static images the camera slowly pans over as an eye would, with an intent to trace these so called maps. Much like Dear Phone, the scope of this project is outreached by the execution of the film. The film grows long and repetitive. Greenway's voice and vision are not for everyone, and I may not be one who is able to enjoy him.

15. Raymond Moreno's rating of the film A Walk Through H

Another of Peter Greenaway's imaginative fictions presented as masterful documentary. Replete with beautiful maps.

16. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film A Walk Through H

Felt a bit like listening to someone tell you about a dream they've had; maybe you should have been there to fully appreciate it.

17. Feng Ling's rating of the film A Walk Through H

weirdly pleasant journey. +1 star for migratory birds

18. chanandre's rating of the film A Walk Through H

19. Jinsie's rating of the film A Walk Through H

Intriguing and Aspergic in its attention to detail and repetition, but ultimately a tedious sit.

20. Coheed 2.5's rating of the film A Walk Through H

An interesting short, but for some reason, like with some of Greenaway's work, it reminds me of an extended Monty Python sketch.

21. Richmond Hill's rating of the film A Walk Through H