1. Dalibor's rating of the film Alice

Typical Woody Allen film, featuring his never ending aversion towards high-class fatuity and random pokes at "industrialized" creative scene. However debated, elements of fantasy fit very well, uplifting the atmosphere and generating somewhat surrealistic plot. Basically, 80's Woody could, even when filming something he once scribbled and forgot in a bottom drawer, compose an above-average romantic comedy.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Alice

Subtile histoire de la quête du bonheur à travers la recherche de soi-même... www.cinefiches.com

3. miles's rating of the film Alice

Another great from mr Allen. but Mia Farrow is starting to bore me now in his films...

4. choupinet's rating of the film Alice

I got so immersed in the movie that I, even for a second, didn't question the supernatural forces Allen portrays with liveliness and humor. I absolutely loved the scene where all the men at the party begin declaring their love for Alice. Hilarious.

5. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Alice

6. Aaken's rating of the film Alice

I have a particular fondness for the films Allen directed during that period. They are like contemporary fairy tales, highly sensitive and imaginative. And perhaps Mia Farrow was a perfect alter ego, as she brings vulnerability, a child-like quality to her acting, and makes us believe in magic (and the magic of cinema). I haven't seen the film since then, but I bear fond memory of that film.

7. Beatriz Menezes Castro's rating of the film Alice

8. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film Alice

Almost all of Allen's films have great potential: "Alice", for example, could have been either a "Brief Encounter"-like character study or a charming, fantasy-driven comedy. Somehow, the fact that it's trying to be both is what ruins it for me. I won't say it's a bad film, but it is unbalanced and underdeveloped, with Alice's moral revelation feeling especially tacked on.

9. mjgildea's rating of the film Alice

Probably more of a 2 1/2 out of 5 star rating but rounding up to 3 only because its Woody Allen. I watched this 2 weeks ago and can't remember anything remarkable about it, except for the fact heard Thelonious Monk after the halfway mark. A decent cast but when trying to decide if I liked Alice or not, the generic ending Allen has used numerous times before sort of made my mind up for me.

10. Bernardo Crastes's rating of the film Alice

The emancipation of an upper class woman is an interesting story, too bad this one has its basis in spiritual and herbal shenanigans. I could do without those things. The party scene is funny, but apart from that, it's a bit boring.

11. alice_the_goon's rating of the film Alice

Alice was okay, but Fellini's Juliet of the Spirits is a much better film on very similar themes.

12. lewis_longshanks's rating of the film Alice

If anything, Alice is like a late coming-of-age movie: she leaves her childhood memories and previous convictions behind in order to inhibit the desires of life and her very own ambitions. It is Mia Farrow's ability to potray such a naive yet cute character that the film holds itself together. I thoroughly enjoyed Keye Young's performance as Dr. Yang and William Hurt plays an upper-class windbag with style.

13. Frankly, Mr. Shankly's rating of the film Alice

god, Mia Farrow is so freaking adorable.

14. teresa romã's rating of the film Alice

I want to move to New York. Or Calcuta.

15. er_sagt's rating of the film Alice

After watching Alice and Another Woman, I am starting to think that the end of the 80s served as a turning point or crisis for Woody Allen. Alice is a film that is imaginative but true to what upper society acts on--program and structure. Alice finds herself lost in a hole, figuratively, and through means finds herself and breaks from the class/structure she found herself stuck in. Imaginative and unique.

16. Arcanus's rating of the film Alice

I love the Chinese doctor. Also I love the odd way the actors omit the "h" when they say "herb". Is this some kind of in-joke or just pretentiousness? Anyway, it adds to the 'umour of the film.

17. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film Alice

A splendid fantasy with a knockout performance by Mia Farrow

18. Caleb Strul's rating of the film Alice

Worth it for the Sax conversation alone. But the whole movie is just as good as that one implicit scene. It's the little things that get me in Woody Allen flicks, and Alice is chock full of some great ones.