1. Kaj's rating of the film All the Light in the Sky

By choosing to be little, Swanberg is able to understand so much. Power can only be lost.

2. Diego Ravazzolo's rating of the film All the Light in the Sky

3. Lu_na's rating of the film All the Light in the Sky

4. James Mackin's rating of the film All the Light in the Sky

Very polished mumblecore. I like the usage of multiple forms of cinematography, but I wished the film employed it a bit more. Jane Adams was fantastic though.

5. Matt McManus's rating of the film All the Light in the Sky

Enjoyable film, but the grievances I have with 'mumblecore' films are still present; primary the absence of any plot progression. Liked the shift from the young alludes typical seen in films like these – furthermore in Joe Swanberg's films. Great characters and great performances.

6. reijagrrl's rating of the film All the Light in the Sky

7. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film All the Light in the Sky

8. La Schiff's rating of the film All the Light in the Sky

9. Max Seqgar's rating of the film All the Light in the Sky

Chick flick... the cheesy-indie kind...

10. msmichel's rating of the film All the Light in the Sky

Swanberg's film plays well to the strengths of Jane Adams who is just revelatory here in her portrayal of a woman who has yet to find the new identity that age has presented her especially when faced with the visit of a young niece who seems to embody a younger version of herself. It's a slight but often wise script where nothing really happens on the surface but there is a sufficient subtext underneath.

11. dAlton Anthony's rating of the film All the Light in the Sky

I'm curious about the intense solipsism of U.S. indies. Are there no "others" at all in California? Ostensibly about a woman's mid-life crisis, the film is a bunch of self-indulgent navel gazing by another male director using a women's talent as his egotistical prop. Under the light of the sun, this just feels so, so irrelevant. Maybe Adams can go organize around the state's prison industrial complex or something?

12. Joe Pryweller's rating of the film All the Light in the Sky

Light as the smoothies Adams makes constantly in her condo's blender, I really liked the mumblecore movie despite being bereft of much plot. A true SoCal film with great shots of the ocean, the pink-blue sky and paddleboarders, Swanberg's film makes you think about how this lifestyle is fleeting and transitory, as the waves continue to erode the beach. Adams' loneliness and anguish over a fading career is palpable.

13. dave gunn's rating of the film All the Light in the Sky

One of Swanberg's better releases over the more recent years in his career, though I sincerely suspect it is largely thanks to Jane Adams's steering and collaboration. This film about the things that do and do not change as you grow older was very sincere and simple and I enjoyed it a lot.

14. takaran's rating of the film All the Light in the Sky

Loved the mundane simplicity of it

15. film_lies101's rating of the film All the Light in the Sky

Adams is great (unsurprisingly) but I couldn't give a toss about anything else

16. Wee Hunk's rating of the film All the Light in the Sky

Independent movies need one of two things: a gun or nudity. This has one of those. Unfortunately, not much of a plot.

17. Magdalena Hamilton's rating of the film All the Light in the Sky

18. Aaron Feinstein's rating of the film All the Light in the Sky

Nice afternoon film. Great performances from the entire cast.

19. Michael Schmidt's rating of the film All the Light in the Sky

Of the three Swanberg films I have seen on MUBI, this is my favorite. This one has a sense of place and characters I can relate to a bit better (perhaps because they are closer to my age!)

20. ashley george's rating of the film All the Light in the Sky

So, so real - I feel you, Jane Adams.

21. Narcisse Lefebvre's rating of the film All the Light in the Sky

Strongly thematically and stylistically tied to Uncle Kent. Love the photography. Joe Swanberg is one of the greatest digital cinematographers, up there with Steven Soderbergh, as he doesn't try to give the movie an artificial "cinematic" or "vintage" look at all. Unlike many, he's absolutely comfortable with digital as it is.

22. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film All the Light in the Sky

In which my ambivalence about The Swanberg Project falls away. Really, truly, lovely. Sure, no "stakes," exactly, but who needs 'em when you've got Jane Goddamn Adams?

23. Polyglot's rating of the film All the Light in the Sky

I can watch Jane Adams eat eggs and strawberries all day.

24. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film All the Light in the Sky

Another predictable Swanberg's tale about white privilege and first-world problems of losangelinos. Mildly irritating, like constipation.