1. jhubbs's rating of the film Alphaville

Spectacular, despite the last few lines

2. Mitra Yousefi's rating of the film Alphaville

Alpha 60: Do you know what illuminates the night? Lemmy Caution: Poetry.

3. schmalhans's rating of the film Alphaville

Great sci-fi parable that highlights body, lust, and love over systemized forms of human existence. Being a cinematographic comment on the Cold War Era, its strong formalism and ingenious camera work highlight the film's universal aprroach. Key Godard!

4. Thomas Kestler's rating of the film Alphaville

Rational instrumentalization of society leading to barbarism.

5. Epinephrin's rating of the film Alphaville

Didn't get this one, too complicated and strange.

6. AVA's rating of the film Alphaville

Welche Vision dieser Film der 60iger- Hat man doch tatsächlich das Gefühl,mehr und mehr sich dieser Utopie zu nähern.Real.

7. Rúben A. Jesus's rating of the film Alphaville

8. Victoriaaa's rating of the film Alphaville

9. meepy's rating of the film Alphaville

"Your voice, your eyes, your hands, your lips. Our silences, our words. Light that goes, light that returns. A single smile between us. In quest of knowledge, I watched the night create day while we seemed unchanged. O beloved of all, beloved of one alone, your mouth silently promised to be happy." Can you marry lines of a script? If you could, I would marry the lines in Alphaville. So much yes.

10. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Alphaville

11. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Alphaville

12. David R Williams's rating of the film Alphaville

Not my favorite Godard. Lemmy's craggy face holds your interest for a bit of time but his deadpan parody performance of classic film noir/hardboiled detectives gets old quickly. Anna Karina seems distracted and detached. ‘’Reality is too complex. What it needs is fiction to make it real,” says the computer. Not real enough.

13. m00njaguar's rating of the film Alphaville

Godard is hit or miss with me. "Alphaville" lands somewhere in between. Some impressive camera work, clever nods to film noir and effective use of 1960s Paris architecture. Yet overall it leaves me blank when it ends. The film seemed pointless, a common critique I've heard of Godard, which requires watching again till one finally gets it. So I will do that plus read some critics to get a clue.

14. kdd's rating of the film Alphaville

Anyone else notice that Alphaville ends a lot like Blade Runner, with the antihero driving out of town with a robotic younger woman?

15. glhrmefc's rating of the film Alphaville

what I most liked about this sci-fi/futuristic movie is that it manages to transport you into this scenes/environment through the narrative and great plot, without the need for special effects or having a white cliché room full of light.

16. Josh the Bookseller's rating of the film Alphaville

Bizarre, Kafkan congregation of compelling pseudo-Futurism & Extremely French Affectations. For Ever Godard? More like Some Times Godard.

17. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Alphaville

We're pretty much leading to that society portrayed here. One of the best Godard's around.

18. Myles's rating of the film Alphaville

I've never really got it but I've always really loved it.

19. Loz Loory's rating of the film Alphaville

Gorgeous cinematography. A surfeit of spiral staircases. Towards the last third, the movie began to drag a little, though this could be because the material has since been rehashed in lesser films, and is no longer so fresh. The ending is reminiscent of the end of "Blade Runner."

20. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film Alphaville

Brooding, paranoid and nebulous are both our protagonist Lemmy Caution and his cybernetic stalker the Alpha 60, the core of Alphaville. This film set the standard for sci-fi noir.

21. gabi gabi gabi's rating of the film Alphaville

22. Monkey Flix's rating of the film Alphaville

This is what happens when somebody who knows nothing about science fiction tries to make a science fiction film.

23. Fab S's rating of the film Alphaville

Excellente distopie mêlant IA, culte de la logique, fascisme et symboles de la modernité d'époque (Brutalisme en architecture, voitures etc...). Les hommes sont exécutés car ils ont pleuré, les femmes ne sont que bonnes à être des objets de désire. La Novlangue est présente partout et personne ne se comprend. Excellent

24. mike's rating of the film Alphaville