1. A.B. II: The Return's rating of the film American Splendor

I admire this film's non-traditional approach to the bio pic, and Giamatti gives quite possibly the best performance of his career. But, ultimately, the film left me cold. It's too obsessed to with the quirks of the characters to flesh them out as people, yet it doesn't go all the way with its unconventional aspects to work purely on a style level. It doesn't have much to say about Pekar away from the big moments.

2. Shahin Katila's rating of the film American Splendor

3. Jorge Lucas.'s rating of the film American Splendor

4. blkrchs's rating of the film American Splendor

5. soymilky's rating of the film American Splendor

Haven't read anything by Harvey Pekar, but this movie was entertaining on its own. I like how it switched between fictional Harvey and real Harvey. The depiction of R Crumb seemed a bit off though

6. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film American Splendor

7. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film American Splendor

8. Stefan Stefan's rating of the film American Splendor

9. smndvdcl's rating of the film American Splendor

10. Mighty Quinn's rating of the film American Splendor

The film's meta use of including the real Harvey Pekar to tell his own story was unique and refreshing, Giamatti and the rest of the cast inhabiting their roles perfectly. It has the wry humour and down-to-earthness of one of his comics, as well as a tinge of pathos, aided in part by the jazz cuts on the soundtrack. If you're interested in underground/alternative comics, this is a good movie to check out.

11. cinegeek.de's rating of the film American Splendor

Our Daily Free Stream: American Splendor. American Splendor. - Eine Abschiedsparty für Harvey Pekar, bevor er den verdienten Ruhestand antritt. Pekar war sein Leben lang Angestellter im V.A. Hospital in Cleveland. 30 Jahre lang. Trotzdem ist Pekar einer der ganz grossen Helden aus der Welt der Graphic Novels... mehr auf cinegeek.de

12. Teona Gal's rating of the film American Splendor

13. Jack Marsden's rating of the film American Splendor

By the end I wasn't sure I liked him as much as I respected him. Even then I wasn't sure how much I respected him. But it's certainly an interesting film. 3.5/5

14. caitlin.f's rating of the film American Splendor

15. 1ariane1's rating of the film American Splendor

authentic crappy neighborhoods and slobs therein

16. Nathan Silva's rating of the film American Splendor

Paul Giamatti was born to play Harvey Pekar.

17. yigitpinarbasi's rating of the film American Splendor

18. lina maj's rating of the film American Splendor

19. Rattzz Matanzano's rating of the film American Splendor

20. Susana Bessa's rating of the film American Splendor

It provides quite a gratifying experience, especially in what it comes to storytelling, and it shows you a flawless pitch-perfect Paul Giamatti.

21. Murat Erdem's rating of the film American Splendor

Herkese gelmez ama bana göre iyiydi.

22. Makaila's rating of the film American Splendor

The soundtrack to this movie was on fucking point.

23. Madame Psychosis's rating of the film American Splendor

Ordinary life is pretty complex stuff.

24. Ezgi M's rating of the film American Splendor

Just watched the American Splendor, loved the couple and the style but not the music that much