1. Rory Dunn's rating of the film Ape

Contained. Contaminated. Unconvincing. I have all the respect in the world for indie filmmakers, but this film is more tattered remains than rough around the edges. A strong lead performance is bogged down by general poor production and surface level themes.

2. reijagrrl's rating of the film Ape

there are no women in this movie. but i dug it anyway. it dragged a bit. but was sufficiently weird.

3. film_lies101's rating of the film Ape

a youtube short that goes on for way too long

4. dave gunn's rating of the film Ape

A cold, dry humor hangs over this surreal descent into madness as our antihero treads a thin line between reality and his own fabricated anecdotes. Like a more radical version of the epiphany had in Office Space, he liberates himself through extreme outlets while his hopeless fate follows him around, perhaps in an ape outfit.

5. muse_x's rating of the film Ape

Oh, man. I needed that! It's like Igby goes down (& he gets back up, swinging); which would make for a good double-feature. Anyway, now I feel bad I've "Fight Club" in my film library, when it's this film that's much better ––in that genre.

6. OcioActivo's rating of the film Ape

A very fun and awkward character study. Quite distinctive filmmaking vision at play with how the dialogue and characters function. Loved Buzzard a deal more but Ape serves as a great start and cannot wait to see the next animal-film.

7. noahboahk's rating of the film Ape

8. RandyS's rating of the film Ape

Low budget, indie, slacker fun with a dark twist.

9. Burcak Konukman's rating of the film Ape

10. Marcus Jones's rating of the film Ape

Impressive indie film with a great director/star combo. It works really well in context with Coyote and Buzzard, the other two films that make up Potrykus' Animal Trilogy.

11. Devin Hentz's rating of the film Ape

Completely pointless. This film relies on so many teenage boy cliches for what it means to be a 'badass'.

12. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Ape