1. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Apt Pupil

Pretty magnetic little yarn. Ian McKellen gives a brilliant performance.

2. alperkaya's rating of the film Apt Pupil

1998 yılında sinemaya da uyarlanan Apt Pupil’de başrollerde Ian McKellen ve Brad Renfro yer alıyor. Yan rollerde ise David Schwimmer, Elias Koteas ve Joe Morton gibi isimler var. Tabii ki hikayeye nazaran bir hayli törpülenmiş sahnelere sahip ancak yine de izlenmeye değer bir yapım. Yazının tamamı için: https://www.evrensel.net/haber/312759/schindlerin-caliskan-cocugu

3. DenoResandono's rating of the film Apt Pupil

APT PUPIL came after Bryan Singer made THE USUAL SUSPECTS three years prior. I guess a lot of people expected that APT PUPIL would be a great movie. I'm not gonna say this is a bad movie. It's just this movie wants to reach something but somehow, It failed. APT PUPIL is good as a psychological drama. I must admit, it looks disturbing in some parts. What's the point of those if it doesn't come with a good story?

4. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Apt Pupil

5. s.trula@me.com's rating of the film Apt Pupil

Greatly underrated, but brilliant performances by the cast. Interrogates the banality of evil and the loss of control, and is a psychological drama that stands out. Really disturbing movie for that, and it shows how evil behaviour is often heavily influenced by situational factors. It's compelling - you can feel both disgust & some sympathy for the characters. Note: I haven't yet read the King novella it's based on.

6. Aaron Dillenbeck's rating of the film Apt Pupil

Great performances all around. Disturbing yet very rewatchable.

7. Tigrão's rating of the film Apt Pupil

Really disturbing film from Bryan Singer.

8. Igor Ramos's rating of the film Apt Pupil

A very safe and boring adaptation of King's novella, this movie fails on delivering the twisted relationship between Dussander and Todd, or the effect that the Holocaust stories had on him... which were the core of the whole story! Everything needed to be rushed so the lesson about how you can't get away once you've touched Death just doesn't come across. Violence, cursing, fear, sexuality... all were toned down.

9. vordven's rating of the film Apt Pupil

10. Charles Quinn Frutos's rating of the film Apt Pupil

After reading the short story by Stephen King, I never thought that it could be adapted to film without an NC-17 or X rating. Singer found a way to take the less provocative and graphic elements out of the story and still make it disturbing.

11. REH1101's rating of the film Apt Pupil

Holy throwback, I'll never forget the circumstances under which I saw this. I was 12 years old, and my friend and I walked alone to a small local video store half a mile from his cabin in upstate New York. The clerk let us rent this and Orgazmo without any adult present. Then we watched a fat biker woman get a full back tattoo through the window of the tattoo parlor next door. That was the day I became a man.

12. Eleanor Abernathy's rating of the film Apt Pupil