1. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Blanche

Watched vividly sleep-deprived rather than woozily half-asleep. This is what I assume 'Game of Thrones' is like (although it's probably closer to Buñuel directing Python's 'Holy Grail')! I find pity incompatible with objective humour, though I think the ending successfully resolves this paradox with a certain logical grace. More period dramas need to learn how to let animals inhabit a scene like Borowczyk and Herzog.

2. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Blanche

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Blanche

La première impression, marquante et déterminante quant à l'appréciation de l'œuvre, nous force à saluer la splendide reconstitution d'époque, un scrupuleux respect dans les décors et la mise en scène, pour donner au cadre historique (la période du Moyen-Age) une indéniable authenticité fort recherchée par le cinéaste qui s'était personnellement investi dans la scénographie générale. www.cinefiches.com

4. En Sangers Bøn's rating of the film Blanche

This is my first experience with the original and subversive cinema of Borowczyk many years ago. Certainly not as inventive and as outrageous as "The beast" or "immoral tales", slightly monolithic but it is one seducing medieval tale with usual Boros' obsessions on taboo subjects around sex, hidden pleasures, jealousy and morality.

5. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film Blanche

The uncontested crown gem of my recent watches. Borowczyk tempers down his naughtiness though often lets ridicule transpire irresistibly, but bearing in mind that erotic interest, the sense of beauty & reverence for the sacred are proximate states of mind which feed into one another and grow from a common root, informs this uncharacteristic eclipse with the sense it's just picking the same triad from a divergent tip.

6. Balthaz21's rating of the film Blanche

7. Max Praetorian's rating of the film Blanche

If you could imagine a movie based on Dante Gabriel Rossetti's medieval watercolors, then Blanche would be that movie.

8. Martin Wilson's rating of the film Blanche

Borowczyk's unique approach takes you deep into the medieval sensibility. Whether this is the way it was, doesn't matter. The film has its own utter conviction in setting and human behavior - transporting me completely as though by time machine. GOTO, also about an enclosed, prison-like world, achieves the same thing but to its own unique ends. Unique is a word I use a lot when describing the wonderful world of BORO.

9. aaa88's rating of the film Blanche

A tragedy almost Shakespearean; sometimes the film is slow and the plot is not totally clear (for me). A little misogynous, but beautiful medieval atmosphere.

10. Jason's rating of the film Blanche

Generously weird low-rent medieval pageant. And it's got Michel Simon. He must have wondered what the hell he had gotten himself into. The production design is predictably brilliant, and these straight-on close-ups Borowczyk does of his wife are majestic, though the extremely pristine and precise quality of Goto is supplanted by a more muddled execution here. The ending is gangbusters.

11. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Blanche

What a beautiful production, chockful of Borowczyk's endless box of historical widgetry surprises.

12. ADZERTY's rating of the film Blanche

Les titres les plus souvent cités quand on évoque Borowczyk sont les Contes immoraux et la Bête.La trop peu connue Blanche est pourtant magnifique ! Cela commence comme un fabliau et s'achève en histoire tragique.La force destructrice du désir (thème prisé de la littérature médiévale) ou peut-être de sa répression, après tout, est remarquablement illustrée. Merci,Mubi,de nous faire redécouvrir cette oeuvre !

13. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Blanche

14. Olivier Serafinowicz's rating of the film Blanche

Excellent film, theatrical in a good (and often hilarious) way, yet very cinematographic: great shots, aesthetics and montage. Michel Simon at 77, still brilliant.

15. animalcalls's rating of the film Blanche

Maybe a bit meandering, maybe a bit slow and dull in its first 45 minutes, but utterly fascinating in its use of space. Borowczyk is a fan of trapping his actors in ornate, sprawling spaces, never letting the audience fully understand the layout of these environments. It almost makes it appear like everyone is trapped in a doomed maze.

16. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Blanche

***1/2. The Middle Ages seen by Borowczyk. I really had the feeling to visit one of these castles recommended by travel guides. Michel Simon (77 years old) rocks! Recommended.

17. Knut Morte's rating of the film Blanche

I guess I'll never see dis one either

18. Steve's rating of the film Blanche

Does anybody know how I can get hold of this film? I know it was released on VHS at some point - but any news of a DVD?

19. Matt Burgess's rating of the film Blanche

Borowcyzk's most critically acclaimed feature - a bittersweet medieval fantasy with gorgeous painterly compositions and aesthetics. Although I prefer his later, more extreme films, this is still worth a watch. I saw a ratty print of this in a dingy art theatre which no doubt added to its otherworldly appeal