1. Vielleicht An Stillen Tagen's rating of the film Bullet in the Head

Ein Film mit einem Experiment, dessen Auswirkung dem Verständnis des Zuschauenden bezüglich des Dargestellten nicht entgegen kommt - Langeweile und Unverständnis dienen als gestalterische Mittel. Definitiv ein Film, bei dem der künstlerische Anspruch verwirrend ist und der Zuschauer nicht am Händchen durch einen spektakulären Themenpark geführt wird - unterhaltsam ist das aber nur sehr bedingt.

2. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Bullet in the Head

An interesting way of telling a story.

3. fearraigh's rating of the film Bullet in the Head

A splendidly icy forensic thriller that intrigues and at times obfuscates for much of its duration until the climax comes. An audacious effort at formal experimentation that is chilling in its effectiveness. Simple and devastating.

4. captainfez's rating of the film Bullet in the Head

So I guess this is what it's like to live life as Gordon Cole.

5. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Bullet in the Head

This would have been so much better at a shorter run time. Perhaps a 30-minute short film would have really increased its effectiveness for me. I appreciate the experimentation at play here, but ultimately there is too little payoff for the long ride. It's a bit disdainful of the audience.

6. Corey's rating of the film Bullet in the Head

Definitely boring, but it's supposed to be. It makes the final act all the more compelling, with the terrorist attack (I'm pretty sure that's what it is). Slow cinema for sure.

7. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Bullet in the Head

I can see what the director was trying to do here, but he doesn't do it in a way that works, either artistically or cinematically.

8. findfilm's rating of the film Bullet in the Head

We follow a loner man meeting up with friends, shopping at a CD store or mini-mart, on a first date and commuting - all in virtual silence apart from ambient street sounds. The point of difference - no dialogue nor plot. Then he is seen with accomplices as he commits cold blooded murder. Why? Thanks IMDB - the true story of Basque separatists makes post-viewing contemplation an essential element. Brave and unique.

9. Ricardo A. Martínez's rating of the film Bullet in the Head

La película no funciona porque no tiene un mensaje claro. Sus personajes son muy huecos y la puesta en cámara es forzada solo para que funcione el diseño sonoro donde no oímos los diálogos. Cuando le preguntan al director por qué decidió hacerlo así, no sabe contestar. No nos da información para entrar en la historia. Recomiendo esta rueda de prensa donde Rosales queda muy mal: www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPd2aIgdh9E

10. Mario C.'s rating of the film Bullet in the Head

Almost in a perverse way the author excludes the audience from narrative development. In this case images are not enough, especially if words are voluntarily inaccessible. So we have nothing more than an experiment and people doing things without any chance of understanding why.

11. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Bullet in the Head

AN EXPERIMENT IN (SILENT) TERROR. Over an speechless hour to reach these 15 fateful and fatal seconds. From 1h08min00sec to 1h08m15sec exactly. Everyone will have his opinion on this new language of the dumb. === Plus d'une heure avec son mais sans paroles distinctes pour en arriver à ces 15 secondes fatidiques & fatales. De 1h08min00 à 1h08m15sec exactement. Chacun se fera son opinion sur ce nouveau langage du muet.

12. hemachandra's rating of the film Bullet in the Head

13. hans9_'s rating of the film Bullet in the Head

This is some sort of weird art house Shyamalan's twist-ending version that is mildly shocking but feels completely out of context. The actions of the characters (unless you are the Jackie Chan of lip-reading) are never really understood (motives, plans, etc.) to engage us at a story-level, cause-effect dimension. It's nice experimental concept, but it needs a lot of refinement.

14. zi's rating of the film Bullet in the Head

Like a return to silent films and that level of engagement. I was wondering to myself how filmmakers even secure funds to make such a film? The pitch: Ok, to start - nobody talks out loud! Well they do, but you can't hear it! Great huh? 500K? Then I realize that, in part, people like me give funds to sites like Mubi, who in turn give funds to... filmmakers like these. A strange film, and I'm glad it's out there.

15. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Bullet in the Head

Jaime Rosales is the Spanish Michael Haneke. Bullet in the Head displays the same disdain for human communication you would find in The 7th Continent or Benny's Video. After all, words are trivial and forgettable. Bullet in the Head is brutal, frustrating, merciless, and ultimately meaningless, like life itself. "It almost makes you think." (Daniel Kasman)