1. Aardsy's rating of the film Call Northside 777

Okay, innocent people in prison... we get it!

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Call Northside 777

Un journaliste du Chicago Time va se battre pour démontrer l'innocence d'un homme condamné, emprisonné à tort pour le meurtre d'un agent de police. De grande qualité ! www.cinefiches.com

3. SpacePirate's rating of the film Call Northside 777

A solid crime drama/police procedural, attempting to recreate the magic of The Naked City in Chicago, or at least thats the impression I got. The film is decent, but unfortunately, as great as Stewart and Lee J Cobb are, they have next to zero chemistry together. Conte feels underused in his role also. All in all, there are worst ways to pass your time, but this is prob the least enjoyable Stewart film Ive seen.

4. Balthaz21's rating of the film Call Northside 777

5. L'immoralistee's rating of the film Call Northside 777

6. Log Lady's rating of the film Call Northside 777

I agree that this isn't technically a noir (or at least I don't see anything that would warrant the classification), but after a slow and boring start I finally got into the story. I liked the subdued tone and the dealings with justice department, when Stewart's character tried to find the truth. Very engaging, although perhaps a bit average at the same time.

7. Ingrid Bergman's rating of the film Call Northside 777

Good solid crime drama with an interesting storyline. The script becomes too preachy though instead of allowing the story to unfold and the audience to draw their own conclusions.

8. Case's rating of the film Call Northside 777

A solid investigative journalism crime drama, but very definitely not a noir. Content, style and feeling have nothing in common with film noir.

9. Dave's rating of the film Call Northside 777

A solid noir, with Jimmy Stewart delivering an above-average performance. Definitely seek out if you are a fan of noir.

10. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Call Northside 777

Edgar Allan Poe award. I liked james Stewart´s self-righteous tone at the beginning of the movie. Nearly a masterpiece.