1. FISCHER's rating of the film Catch-22

L'absurdité et le non-sens sur une base aérienne de l'US Air Force en 1944 en Méditerranée ..... Bienvenu ! www.cinefiches.com

2. Presiyan Gospodinov's rating of the film Catch-22

Perfectly depicts the insanity of the world through the lives of American soldiers during the war.

3. Paul Relf's rating of the film Catch-22

Obv the book is way better. Still, this has its moments. Absurd, just like war itself.

4. Ian Pike's rating of the film Catch-22

Brilliant. A wonderful premise, sharp, funny, beautifully shot, fabulous cast, and still relevant. More than stands the test of time. Absurd and surreal, a chillingly prescient vision of the commercialisation of the military - in real life Milo Mindbender would have gone on to become an exec at Haliburton. A bitter satire on the absurdity of war and of the human condition. Much better than MASH.

5. P Teddy Sawyer's rating of the film Catch-22

If you had seen this only on a black and white television you would not know that it was visually perfect in panavision and that the perfect time to watch it was on remembrance day just after Donald Trump was elected President of the United States of America. And then it would all make perfect sense.

6. Rachel Ara's rating of the film Catch-22

Simply brilliant filming with a script that is still very relevant today.

7. Steve G.'s rating of the film Catch-22

I once used my DVD copy of this to help fix a leak in my roof. Thatch-22.

8. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Catch-22

There are some good ideas (e.g. regarding the structure of the narration), but all in all I'm missing the satirical sharpness of Robert Altman's "M.A.S.H.". Nichols' film is far too harmless, and the gags sometimes are utterly clumsy, annoying and embarrassing.

9. 'king Harold's rating of the film Catch-22

"What if everyone did that?' "Then I'd be crazy to do any different". Social satire of the highest order, it's like Bunuel or something. When you look at how Mike Nichols started out, performing comedy skits with Elaine May, so ahead of their time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKL1tNv__kU you can see where his witty films come from. Brilliant screenplay, photography and cast, especially Alan Arkin. Loved it.

10. Karl Patrick Norberg's rating of the film Catch-22

A decent anti-war comedy with an amazing cast and frequent chuckles.

11. smndvdcl's rating of the film Catch-22

The concept of the Catch-22 is an excellent extended metaphor for the impasses and conflicts of our flawed society. Nichols' adaptation is solid, but I would argue that beyond the ground-breaking premise, the book is a fairly rote anti-war satire which can't quite compete on a political level with 'The Thin Red Line', 'Apocalypse Now' and 'Dr Strangelove'.

12. Ethan's rating of the film Catch-22

It's not quite MASH but it's not bad.

13. pluviosity's rating of the film Catch-22

14. Leigh Collins's rating of the film Catch-22

15. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film Catch-22

Una sátira aguda y sombría acerca de la guerra; sobre todo de las motivaciones absurdas, caprichosas y mezquinas que se ocultan detrás de ella. La vigencia de su crítica es lamentable y sorprendente al mismo tiempo. Mike Nichols no sólo demuestra su habitual talento para dirigir actores, sino también un lenguaje visual ambicioso y denso (los planos secuencias abundan en la película)

16. charles f stewart's rating of the film Catch-22

A noble attempt to capture Joseph Heller's novel of the same name, Nichols' direction is decent, but the sound design is abysmal. I could barely hear some of the lines, and while the cast is loaded (Alan Arkin, Martin Sheen, Orson Welles, Jon Voight, Anthony Perkins, Bob Newhart) some of the characters fall flat on their feet, with the notable exception of Arkin's Yossarian. I love the novel, but I'm disappointed.

17. flobota's rating of the film Catch-22

a very unique and hard to swallow approach on anti war farce. I read it's the streamlined version of the book, but it's still hard to follow. the characters are pretty funny and fitting, the setting and set are impressive and in between it reaches an absurdity that terry gillian would like.

18. runfromfire's rating of the film Catch-22

Terribly underrated. It always ends up getting compared to MASH because they came out the same year but if you can avoid the comparison and can separate the film from the book, Catch-22 is a great film with a great cast. Jon Voight, Alan Arkin & Bob Balaban are particularly good.

19. S Campbell's rating of the film Catch-22

Flawed film yes ,But stiill one of the best film of the 70s ,Arkin is fab as Yossarian and the casting is top grade

20. chiefsreepyeyes's rating of the film Catch-22

this movie is definitely very underrated, but it's no masterpiece. a fun, funny, and somewhat tragic movie. it satisfied me, but i only happen to be a fan of this kind of stuff i suppose.

21. Kyle Copeland's rating of the film Catch-22

22. grebmops's rating of the film Catch-22

Extremely underrated. Perhaps even better than the book.

23. Phil Worfel's rating of the film Catch-22

Hilarious! Yet another reason why Alan Arkin deserves any and all awards that could be given to him. He's one of the most underrated actors of his generation. The film itself is a knockout blend of extraordinary humor and tragedy. The tragic madness of war was never better portrayed.

24. Roscoe's rating of the film Catch-22

A mess, too cutely clever in places (like the tasteless use of Strauss' Thus Spach Zarathustra), it never manages the immense power of Heller's novel. But there are a few precious moments of Marcel Dalio as an old man in a brothel when the film comes magically to life.