1. nona vanis's rating of the film Chinatown

2. ceknklsn's rating of the film Chinatown

68/100 (Yönetmenlik, görüntü yönetimi ve oyunculuk becerilerinin altında ezilmiş bir senaryo. Tabi çoğu sinema sever için öyle değil ama bana göre böyle. Senaryo çok fazla saçma sahne barındırmasa da tam anlamıyla inandırıcılıktan yoksun ve sırrın açığa çıkmamasının uzatılması bize film izlediğimizi hatırlatıyor. Teknik yönü yanında filmin eleştiri boyutu iyi olsa da senaryo yüzünden verebileceğim puan bu.)

3. Artem Eihart's rating of the film Chinatown

“Of course I'm respectable. I'm old. Politicians, ugly buildings, and whores all get respectable if they last long enough.”

4. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Chinatown

3.5 stars. I think this is a good movie but it’s prevented from being terrific by the lack of sexual chemistry between the two leads. Independent of each other, they have generated lots of heat over the years. Here, sparks don’t fly. The craftsmanship, the script, the camerawork and the supporting cast carry the film forward, up until that sick ending.

5. Will's rating of the film Chinatown

First off fuck Roman Polanski. This is undeniably a very good film though. I was enthralled throughout, chiefly due to the masterful writing/acting which had me hanging onto every single word. For most of the film I figured it was just a great genre piece but not really transcendent in any way. However, the last 6 or so minutes elevated it much higher than I anticipated it could get.

6. Milad.amini's rating of the film Chinatown

7. MisterColo93's rating of the film Chinatown

8. ninotchka's rating of the film Chinatown

The bad guy gets away. Just like Polanski.

9. Nicholas Gregory's rating of the film Chinatown

The last lines ("As little as possible", "Forget it, Jake, it's Chinatown,) tap well into Watergate paranoia, showing what the rich and powerful can get away with within a corrupt system and a misinformed public. If only the rest of the film was as dauntingly subversive and thematically enriched, as Chinatown isn't often as captivating in its narrative/tension. One of Polanski's few (perhaps only) overrated works.

10. ionu's rating of the film Chinatown

11. Tom's rating of the film Chinatown

12. Daniel's rating of the film Chinatown

It's really good but it never got me into liking Polanski's other work like my friends told me it would.

13. Laura G.'s rating of the film Chinatown

"That must hurt". "Only if I breathe".

14. Travis James's rating of the film Chinatown

One of the best films of all time. I loved it, brilliant film

15. bartkl's rating of the film Chinatown

Superb combination of a captivating detective adventure and a piece of art in which political and financial powers are exposed for the viewer to witness. The style of this film is amazing as well. As the film progresses the story and atmosphere becomes increasingly bizarre, climaxing in a beautiful ending. Fantastic film.

16. jhubbs's rating of the film Chinatown

Great neo-noir, forget it Jake

17. Allison Rung's rating of the film Chinatown

Probably the best film about illegibility and mis-reading?

18. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Chinatown

19. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Chinatown

A modern film noir that looks, sounds and plays out as a perfect movie with it's top-notch script, excellent cast and beautiful imagery that is a big contract to the gruesome twists and shocks that appear throughout the movie. Sadly, it was not possible for two films to win Academy Award for Best Picture as this one ties with "The Godfather, Part II" in perfection.

20. Walker's rating of the film Chinatown

Intricately plotted, and practically perfect in every way. The atmosphere is ominous throughout and the whole damn thing just gets more intriguing and depressing with each subsequent viewing. One for the ages; the powers that be are unbeatable and by the time we realize that it will all be too late.

21. Naoya Kugimiya's rating of the film Chinatown

22. Danuski's rating of the film Chinatown

it's good and well done, it has all the elements I could expect from a perfect noir, but it didn't impress me.

23. Adam GR's rating of the film Chinatown

24. Ben Nash's rating of the film Chinatown

Pure style over content, sure, but oh what a style.